Sign in to follow this  
Mejjo

Font / Text Question

Hi all

I have been having a play round with my settings, It seems my sim runs so much better using the DX10 fixer, I have a question though. 

The font / text on the 2D pop-out of my PMDG aircraft seems slightly distorted. Does not seem to be as smooth as it did before.

Also, the green bar at the top that scrolls messages within FSX has the same issue.

I'm running FSX:SE. I just thought i would ask if there is anyway to have the text in the sim stay how it was with my previous nvidia inspector settings or is that just how its going to be using DX10.

Thank you. 

The look will depend on the antialiasing that you have selected.  If you setup exactly the same AA for each then it should look the same.

Hi Steve,

I left everything alone and just selected 32x in the fixer, I've switched it around a bit. One thing i do notice is the red text in FSX which displays frames / altitude and all that information appears bigger and a lighter red than what i was expecting.

I obviously made sure i read through the manual properly, It just seems there is something i'm missing.. 

This might be normal, But the aircraft display screen shows the aircraft with jagged edged as though there is no anti analising but then appears better after loading flight?

The aircraft display screen has no anti aliasing at all.  In DX9 you can force it on in DX10 you cannot.

Have you accidently selected DSR scaling in the other dialog - that will increase the size of some dialogs.