Sign in to follow this  
Helge Rasmussen

Joystick setup per aircraft in XP11?

Hi,

I fly helicopters and normal planes, and the use of joystick buttons differ a lot between these. Is there a way to have more than one joystick setup so I don't have to remap a lot of keys every time I switch planes?

This is in X-Plane 11.

• Upvote 1

Helge Rasmussen

That's mighty nice, but did you miss this part..?

3 SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

X-Plane: should work with 9 + 10, currently not compatible with X-Plane 11

• Upvote 1

D'oh! My fault.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Looks like a recent issue with the current XP11 builds. The Xassign developer is working on it, so it should be back up before long. Check the discussion tab on the .org link for that plugin to see when it will work.

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

i do use a lua script, works great and very powerfull.

Everytime you load a different aircraft it customizes all your buttons, keys, axis, sensitivities, nullzones, etc. or anything you want for that particular aircraft as per your liking.

Manuel Merelles

1 hour ago, macwino said:

So how about sharing it? Thanks.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHOihq4G7t3gk9IhVJmOkkjbGXL

to install just place the script joystick.lua under your flywithlua/scripts/ folder

it doesn't matter you do not know much about programing is quite easy actually and self explanatory, on the bottom of the file the script check what aircraft you are loading and it calls for that aircraft profile settings on the top

note: flywithlua includes a manual and several example scripts you may use for ideas to program anything you like.

you may add/remove/customize profiles as per your liking. No need to reset the sim anytime you change/finetune something on the profiles, just go to xplane->plugins and hit reload scripts under flywithlua

the good thing about using lua, you can even customize any simulator parameter based on the aircraft you are loading. i.e. setting the xp11 fog level depending GA or JET aircraft

• Upvote 2

Manuel Merelles

Manuel, thanks for providing your Lua script and the explanation of how to use it. I will adapt it to my aircraft and settings this evening. I can't begin to tell you how valuable this is to me now that X-Assign no longer works.

Thanks so much.

Robert

On 4.7.2017 at 0:12 AM, Raven9000 said:

X-Plane: should work with 9 + 10, currently not compatible with X-Plane 11

But to my knowledge only not compatible with XP11.02 Beta. With the current stable version 11.01 it works.

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

This hasn't been my experience. In any event, I much prefer Manuel's approach because it enables me to see exactly what the settings are for each aircraft and make entries and modifications accordingly. Using this method is very similar to working with the fsuipc.ini file in P3D and I like that flexibility.

Robert

On 7/4/2017 at 1:46 PM, mmerelles said:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoHOihq4G7t3gk9IhVJmOkkjbGXL

to install just place the script joystick.lua under your flywithlua/scripts/ folder

it doesn't matter you do not know much about programing is quite easy actually and self explanatory, on the bottom of the file the script check what aircraft you are loading and it calls for that aircraft profile settings on the top

note: flywithlua includes a manual and several example scripts you may use for ideas to program anything you like.

you may add/remove/customize profiles as per your liking. No need to reset the sim anytime you change/finetune something on the profiles, just go to xplane->plugins and hit reload scripts under flywithlua

the good thing about using lua, you can even customize any simulator parameter based on the aircraft you are loading. i.e. setting the xp11 fog level depending GA or JET aircraft

Hey.. Hi,

Thanks a lot for sharing the script..

I have been having issues with FlyWithLua .. I try to configure the B744 all my Joystick and Rudder Pedals are fine, BUT the darn Proflight Yoke Quadrant and the additional Pro Quadrant defaults to back. just does not work. it's works fine with 2 engine aircraft.

I'll figure our your script and see.

Thanks

Vips