Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Oceano County Airport L52 (WIP)

Here are a few WIP shots of my current project, Oceano County Airport L52 in California. Anyone who uses PilotEdge will probably recognise this airfield immediately, but for others it is a fantastic little GA airfield near to coast in a very scenic part of the state:

Cessna_172SP_1

Cessna_172SP_2

Cessna_172SP_3

Cessna_172SP_4

Cessna_172SP_5

Cessna_172SP_6

Cessna_172SP_7

Cessna_172SP_8

Cessna_172SP_9

Thanks to many of the on-site photographs provided to me by the airfield, this should be a fairly accurate photoreal representation of L52. I'll also try to include an ortho for the surrounding area with more accurately placed autogen, as the default overlays fills the beach and dunes with trees.

Some additional features for XP11 are normal/PBR maps for many of the buildings which makes them accurately react to the light and adds some nice realism, especially to the hangars

• Upvote 13

That looks amazing! 

Did you ever release the CA forest mod for ortho? I've really been looking forward to that. 

Not yet, I found a large gap in the data (around Oceano out of all places), so I sent them a bug report about it, since the data should be there

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work! Can't wait for L52 as well as I'm a PE user, but I think your forest mod(s) are going to be a game changer with ortho4xp.

Will you be modeling the massive trailer park that sits just beyond the Eastern perimeter? 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

WOW !!!! Good job !!!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Wow!  That looks amazing Tony.  Looking forward to flying out it. 

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

payware quality Tony.

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

7 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

Will you be modeling the massive trailer park that sits just beyond the Eastern perimeter? 

I'm currently working on the surroundings, at the moment the water treatment plant, so eventually I'll get to it

Very nice work.  This is where XP shines above all else, a strong tools support and a strong community. 

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Tony...is there some guidance to an ETA, for this fabulous work of yours?

I've gone through 665 bibs...trying to keep my shirt front dry....:(