Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Oceano County Airport L52 (WIP)

:-) thanks Mitch.

I'm frustrated at the moment with how X-Plane is making the textures shake like crazy and the weird lighting on the trees which really ruins the airport. The airport is actually mostly finished, but I'm not happy releasing it like that until those shaking bugs are fixed in X-Plane (Supposedly not too long now)

8 hours ago, tonywob said:

I'm frustrated at the moment with how X-Plane is making the textures shake like crazy and the weird lighting on the trees which really ruins the airport. The airport is actually mostly finished, but I'm not happy releasing it like that until those shaking bugs are fixed in X-Plane (Supposedly not too long now)

OK Tony...thanks for the update...but I have to tell you...I'd rather 'suffer' shaking this 'n that, and the lighting on the trees...RATHER, than wait for your release.  It looks that good!  Hell, anything you touch is good!!!!!

Thank you very much for all your time and effort to the hobby.  Yes, very much!:ampun:

Mitch

• Upvote 1

Wow! This is top quality work! Also I am really looking forward to your forest mod for California!

I´d love to fly from L52 to KHAF... :)

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:46 AM, tonywob said:

I also really hope that Laminar fixes the shaking textures and lighting bug soon! 

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W, G.SKILL 48Gb@76000 MHz DDR5, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

“We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm”.

Hi Mitch

Actually I released the first beta to a few simmers yesterday :biggrin:. There are some minor issues still left to fix, but all should be good to go within the next few days I hope.

I love small airports. I know a lot of guys enjoy commercial pilot fantasies flying big iron into big airports. I get that. Those small airports, though, are what fuel my aviation dreams. It was watching a guy do a bunch of touch and goes at small airport that I stumbled on one crisp fall morning that prompted me to get my license.

That other big developers in that other sim is great at capturing the little details that give each airport their unique character. Tony, your work here captures that same magic and may even surpass in the visuals. I can't wait to see it for myself! Outstanding work!

• Upvote 3

Chris

Great comment Chris, this captures exactly why I love to make and fly into these small GA airfields.

17 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Great comment Chris, this captures exactly why I love to make and fly into these small GA airfields.

....AND...we're glad that you DO! :)

This airport is now live. If you enjoy this airport then please rate and leave a comment ;-)

Edited by tonywob
Edit: Link removed to comply with new site rules
  • Upvote 2

Cool, downloading now :) Many thanks for your superb work! 

EDIT: i hope you got the beer ;)