Sign in to follow this  
jjohnson241

Help! GTN 750 Will Not Install - XP 11

Hi,

D/L the e-commerce installer for the GTN 750, purchased same and got my Reality XP files, ran the set-up and the set up hung trying I assume to install the Garmin trainer. I cancelled, re-ran the setup and it appeared to unpack the trainer files but then told me it could not install the "extra files".

Repeated the whole process again with the same result but additionally, the set up told me that it could not find a file, something to do with the plugin .win.xpl.

I deselected the XP9 and XP10 options anmd was only trying to install to XP11.

Really frustrated at this point and need some help.

Edit: I manually installed the Garmin Training GTN/GTU 6.2.1 and ignored the errors the set up was giving me, both of which were complaining about 32 bit files, and I get the GTN installed.

The problem now is a black screen on the 750. I tried two planes with a reboot in between with no joy.

Now I'm just mad.

Solved it.

I saw a post here with similar problems that was solved after disabling ESET AV and re-installing the 750.

Did that and all is well.

However, the problems I had trying to install the Garmin Trainer using the e-commerce installer are not solved. As I said, I had to download and install the trainer after repeated failures trying to use the installer.

RXP, you might want to look at that.

12 hours ago, jjohnson241 said:

RXP, you might want to look at that.

I'm glad you've found a solution, albeit it has not been easy.

Yes we are looking into this, but it seems a little more involving than initially thought.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)