Sign in to follow this  
captain420

FSDT KIAH flickering runways/objects and strange out of place tile

This is another very strange issue that I only notice. When flying with either the PMDG 747 or 777, I see that the ground textures at the airport are flickering. However I don't see this when flying with other planes.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

34 minutes ago, captain420 said:

This is another very strange issue that I only notice. When flying with either the PMDG 747 or 777, I see that the ground textures at the airport are flickering. However I don't see this when flying with other planes.

Flightbeam KMSP FAQ on bottom has something about flickering, I know it is nothing related to PMDG or KIAH but you could give it a try

http://flightbeam.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2487

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Aaron: I reported this on their forums yesterday and Umberto said they were looking into it. FWIW, it happened to me in the TFDi 717.

Ahh thanks guy, I see I'm not the only one with this issue. I don't experience this when flying A2A 172/182 or the default planes. So I'm not sure if this problem is directly related to PMDG and dynamic lighting or what. Hope to get an answer to the issue soon.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I have seen it as well and it also exists at their new KCLT (on the runway).  My guess is these are textures that just are not designed and optimized as of yet for V4 dynamic lighting.  Umberto seems aware of the issues and I am sure he will get these textures optimized for V4 at some point.  Besides the strange 'moire' effect that is happening to the runway textures, I am seeing the flashes which seem to come from the square grooves in the runway.  I guess it's the way the dynamic lighting is interacting with that.  Not sure if that is the same thing you are seeing or not....??

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Yes you're right Flic1, it's like some strange moire effect on top of the runway, and when the plane is moving, it looks as though the moire pattern is also moving, very annoying and hope this gets fixed soon along with the flickering textures as well.

Umberto, thanks, the runway issue seems to be fixed, however the flickering textures are still visible. You can definitely see the runway flickering after take off and looking back at the airport. I have ran the FSDT live updater and it only seemed to fix one of the problems only.

I am using FTX Global and openLC NA. Not sure what's the cause of this odd tile that is out of place. Is this part of FSDT's KIAH? How can I fix this, because this is an eyesore. Also certain parts of the runway and the object that I am pointing to seems to still flicker. I have already ran the FSDT updater to make sure I have the latest files and the problem still exists.

2017-7-3_19-25-15-854.jpg

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

I am using FTX Global and openLC NA. Not sure what's the cause of this odd tile that is out of place. Is this part of FSDT's KIAH? How can I fix this, because this is an eyesore. Also certain parts of the runway and the object that I am pointing to seems to still flicker. I have already ran the FSDT updater to make sure I have the latest files and the problem still exists.

Merged this topic with your original topic.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

The "odd square tile" is the same darker green vegetation textures as around rest of airport.  It simply looks like there's not an exact match between the airport scenery and Orbx.  Pretty common.  If it bothers you sometimes one can experiment and find a particular scenery bgl to turn off and remove the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP