Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

Mt. Rainier Ntl. Park

Guest dogknot

Wow! So far, so good. Mt. Rainier and the surrounding area has never looked so good. Thanks to Bryan Wallis. Just completed a circuit from Packwood, Washington (55S) that led me around the new and improved Rainier National Park. Beautiful valleys, ridges and peaks. Stunning glacial fields, meadows, streams and even a waterfall with effects (I think there may be more). Lots of visible trail systems too. It really does look awesome. I did notice in the main folder, after unzipping, a number of folders (6 total to be exact) that must have been part of Bryan's working/developing project. They are all empty except for the one that is needed to install the scenery: "United States - Washington State - Mt Rainer Natl Park". Anyway, definitely worth the download if you have any desire to see some gorgeous Washington state scenery.In the AVSIM library: mrnp1.zip http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=Search

I really apologize about the empty extra folders, I just checked the download myself, I had two versions on my HD and uploaded an earlier version which had those blasted folders, they are superfulous and can be deleted. Very sorry folks. I will try to do better next time.Lou Frost is very busy with object work. I am working on further enhancements. In near future we will have some more offerings.Also making stream adjustments as we place bridges etc.cheers.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest Bell206freak

What kind of objects are you incorporating? _Steve.

Sorry I have been out of town for two days. Just getting back to hobbies again.We are working on several packages of objects. These include, buildings, structures, hwy bridges, trail and backroad bridges, campgrounds, and a few other things.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Guest thelynxpa

I was looking forward to checking this addon out as I've never been totally satisfied with the default despite all the other addons I've added including terrain mesh, landclass, fscene, bev, and UT.I flew three different aircraft (B-58, B777, F-102) out of KSEA and was impressed with the surrounding area improvements. However, as I approached the mountain to within approx 8-10 miles, I got a CTD every time. I reflew the mission in an F-16 without MRNP and had no problem.Did I miss something on install?lynx

Guest dogknot

>I flew three different aircraft (B-58, B777, F-102) out of>KSEA and was impressed with the surrounding area improvements.>However, as I approached the mountain to within approx 8-10>miles, I got a CTD every time. I reflew the mission in an F-16>without MRNP and had no problem.>>Did I miss something on install?>>lynx Lynx,Sounds like the same problem some others experienced due to the Landclass files being incorporated into the scenery pkg.http://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=sho...d=302374&page=8http://forums.flightsim.com/dc/dcboard.php...d=151447&page=2Create a newly named folder with just a scenery folder inside (no texture folder) and place all the LC files inside. Then add to FS9 through the library like any other scenery. The landclass folder should be above (higher priority) the Rainier scenery folder in the library.I did mine like this:C:FS9 SceneryMt Rainer Natl Parkcontents: scenery (minus the landclass files) and texture folderC:FS9 SceneryMt Rainer Natl Park_landclasscontents: Scenery folder only (no Texture folder at all)landclass files moved to this scenery folder: LC Mt Rainier - summit.bglLC_015_015.bglMt Rainier Park Part 2 LC_015_015.bglMtRainier_LC.bglInstall both as scenery via the FS9 library. Add "Mt Rainier Natl Park" first, then add "Mt Rainer Natl Park_landclass". Exit and restart.

Guest thelynxpa

thanks very much for the procedural instructions. i will give it a try.lynx