Sign in to follow this  
captain420

AI aircraft sound modifications using 3rd party sounds?

I find that the sound for AI planes is extremely quiet. I am using My Traffic Pro 6a. SOUND_LOD=0 is in my Prepar3d.cfg. I'm not sure what else I can do. I even set my environment sound settings in P3D at 100%.

Does anyone else find the sound of the AI planes extremely quiet? Also is there any sound add-on that will improve the sounds?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Search avsim library for : atsp15.zip

It was added a few days ago, I have downloaded it, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. It contains soundcfg alias files for a lot of AI addons, including mytraffic.  There is a YouTube video showing it in action :

• Upvote 2

You could edit the sounds yourself (it's really not that difficult, and you can find help in doing this by Googling "modify AI AIrcraft Sounds".

Now, someone just had a post (last week I believe0 here on AVSIM and said that they'd done a complete package of Improved AI Sounds for many different types of aircraft. I'm not sure where the post is here, but you could always search the forums for "AI AIrcraft Sounds".

There are many other packages available, and can be found by Googling "AI Aircraft Sounds".

My very best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

If you try to make ai sounds louder you will begin to find the sounds too loud I am afraid. The bug comes from fsx where sounds go critical and blow at full volume if they share the same audio file. It might have been a compromise for saving vas in fsx which was 32 bit and expected it would resolve in 64 bit v4, unfortunately it is the same.

I am currently using My Traffic Pro 6 in P3D v4 for AI, but I find the sound not so pleasing. Would it be possible to use the sound from a 3rd party sound add-on such as the new TSS Boeing 777 GE90 or Trent Package for the AI planes instead?

I'm holding off on purchasing this addon unless I can get it to work with AI aircraft?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I am currently using My Traffic Pro 6 in P3D v4 for AI, but I find the sound not so pleasing. Would it be possible to use the sound from a 3rd party sound add-on such as the new TSS Boeing 777 GE90 or Trent Package for the AI planes instead?

I'm holding off on purchasing this addon unless I can get it to work with AI aircraft?

Since you already started a similar topic I merged this new topic into your original post to help you keep all the recommendations in one place.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I have used the ats15.zip and its fantastic, only issue for me is that its only fantastic in spot view, when back in the cockpit (viewpoint1) you can barely here any engine sounds.