Sign in to follow this  
takesix

Direct to will freeze

P2ATC hangs up whenever I try using the direct to feature in the flight plan.  The P2ATC interface freezes but the moving map and dialogue continue.  Is this a known issue?

A very significant amount of processing takes place with DirectTo.  It can seem to hang up, especially if you have Memory or CPU constraints.  It will depend on your exact situation how long it takes to respond. 

It can take longer that Filing or bringing up the STAR/SID screens.

If you have a detailed scenario of what you were trying to do, including the original flight plan, where you were and what change you were trying to make, I can try and duplicate the problem.

Thanks,
Dave

Thanks for the quick reply.  I have been trying to use the feature in a congested area near Washington, DC.  It makes sense for the delay due to the STAR/SID calculations.

I noticed that I need to pause XP11 in order to use this feature.  That seems to make a world of difference.

This is an old post, but comes close to my issue. My interface was freezing once I started a long IFR flight. P2ATC tracking would continue and the co-pilot still responded to ATC, but I had no response to my clicks.

Following the advice from back in 2017, I paused MSFS2020, and P2ATC caught up with my clicks almost immediately. 

I was running OnAir, Navigraph, P2ATC RexWeather & SpadNext. I'm amazed P2ATC can keep things running in the background.

An amazing piece of software!