Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

First flight of my Zurich Ortho4XP scenery tile at zl17/19/2

Wow...no wonder, it took three times as long to generate as anything in North America...., and just breathtaking....some of the best ever scenery of any platform to explore...breathtaking in realism!~

Baron_58_49.png

Baron_58_47.png

Baron_58_46.png

Baron_58_44.png

Baron_58_35.png

Baron_58_37.png

Baron_58_31.png

Baron_58_32.png

Baron_58_33.png

Baron_58_34.png

Baron_58_26.png

Baron_58_27.png

Baron_58_28.png

Baron_58_29.png

Baron_58_30.png

• Upvote 2

Your ISP must be biting his nails and screaming at you in his mind , Z19 wow Mitch , what is the folder size

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Beautiful scenery - nicely done. Pretty amazing those zeroes and ones. Makes one proud of what is possible in X-Plane.

Thanks for sharing.

Jim Morgan

Thanks, Guys...and here's Hamburg, Germany....equally beautiful to behold!

"I think that I shall be spending quite a few flying hours, over my European tiles...I'd better stock up on Euros, for the av gas....":biggrin:

Double left-click on the screen grabs, bring it up to almost full screen res....same for Zurich, above...

Baron_58_84.png

Baron_58_85.png

Baron_58_86.png

Baron_58_80.png

Baron_58_81.png

Baron_58_82.png

Baron_58_83.png

Baron_58_84.png

Baron_58_73.png

Baron_58_74.png

Baron_58_75.png

Baron_58_76.png

Baron_58_71.png

Baron_58_72.png

1 hour ago, HumptyDumpty said:

Your ISP must be biting his nails and screaming at you in his mind , Z19 wow Mitch , what is the folder size

"Don't ask...you'll probably have a stroke!"....:ampun:

57 minutes ago, jcjimmy said:

Beautiful scenery - nicely done. Pretty amazing those zeroes and ones. Makes one proud of what is possible in X-Plane.

Thanks for sharing.

It's my now, #1 go to....with scenery like this...a complete no-brainer! :))))))), and you are most welcome! :cool:

"Oh..just wanted to mention, that all these tiles in my European Series, were generated with all the major features offered by the Ortho4XP.cfg file, enabled.

"The gun was loaded, and banged out 'shots' as you see 'em".....   The generation time was at least 3x the time for all my North America Series tiles.  Was it worth the wait?  Well, I'll let you, the viewer, be the judge of that!"

:biggrin:

I am doing Africa , but only around Kruger area for now and all Z17's but going to drop it to Z16 because takes a lot of time and space. 

One tile of yours would not be less than a 100GB Z19

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Great shots. Kind of funny that people pay for the Orbx regions in P3D and Ortho4XP just looks ten times better and is for free. Amazing. 

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

46 minutes ago, HumptyDumpty said:

I am doing Africa , but only around Kruger area for now and all Z17's but going to drop it to Z16 because takes a lot of time and space. 

One tile of yours would not be less than a 100GB Z19

My tiles are actually at zl17, with it at zl19 for 2 kilometers around each airport and landing strip, suburban, or rural.  So, what you see here, if there is no airport in the view, is actually a very clean zl17, Zulfiqar.

So that is what my tile recipe is: zl17(main)/zl19 (airports two KM's out), so zl17,19/2.  I always use this formula, and never go above or below in zl factors.

17 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Great shots. Kind of funny that people pay for the Orbx regions in P3D and Ortho4XP just looks ten times better and is for free. Amazing. 

Thanks, Carlo.  It's been a blast to fly over this for the last four hours...:)!  Does anybody have a few extra Euro's they don't need?!?

Nice, I wonder though that ontop of the mountains whether ZL16 is good enough.  I want to do the same area, but using the strategy of using ZL17/ZL19/3 for areas around city but leaving ZL16 for the surrounding area.  Thoughts?  Anyone else tried that?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

On 4.7.2017 at 5:40 PM, Sesquashtoo said:

Wow...no wonder, it took three times as long to generate as anything in North America...., and just breathtaking

Looks incredible!!!!!!!!!

I get appetite for orthos. I assume you get provisions from Western Digital or from Seagate :biggrin:

Cheers
Tom

Sometimes I have to admit to myself:
"Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses"

1 hour ago, hhbrbg said:

Looks incredible!!!!!!!!!

I get appetite for orthos. I assume you get provisions from Western Digital or from Seagate :biggrin:

Cheers
Tom

Hi Tom,

It has totally transformed my enjoyment, my real-world interaction expectations within a flight simulator,....that I know I am seeing what is really there....and about Western Digital, lol.....I wish I did, lol.   Maybe I should contact them, huh?   

For all my WD My Books...totally out of my "Honey...but THIS is really important...and makes me so HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPY"!----budget...

....oh...it doesn't hurt, that my wife is now a flight simulator ortho-head enthusiast, ever since seeing what this stuff can do, around Myrtle Beach, S.C., of which she knows like the back of her hand...and so can see how veritus the scenery truly is at zl17/19/2!