Sign in to follow this  
mmr1704

Pmdg 777 p3dv4 auto time compression issue

Hi i dont have a lot of time to do long haul flights i was using the auto time compression for long hauls floght but since i upgraded from p3dv3 to p3dv4 i cant go up to 16x auto compresiion with my pmdg products (i did all my updates as said) is it just me or is it a known issue 

thank you for your helps!

Welcome the to PMDG forums, please note that their rules require our names on all our posts.

It might do x16 if there is no weather but any upset and it shifts out of time compression, and this rate is pretty high... about the maximum under ideal conditions.  My preference is x4, and x8 might work the simulator platform often pauses to load textures and that just adds to the delay.

I certainly wouldn't call it an issue.

Dan Downs KCRP

I'd do the same as Dan, most of the shortest flight I'd use 4x and maybe on longer flight 8x but really if I have too. With 4x There is no reloading when the time compression is stopped. I'm not sure this is true for 8x, and it surely is not true for 16x and the autocruise is also made to slow down before each turn in the flight path.

After that it indeed depend on the weather, if it is too rubulent the plane won't stay straight and it will go back to 1x, or even simply never quit 1x until the aircraft is perfectly stable.

Sorry about the rule! My name is muammer!

at top of climb i turn off active sky next and it is clear sky no winds etc. so there is no weather conditions at all. But still when auto time compression go up to16x the plane do right and left and go back to 1X. I do often LTBA To KLAX flights and it is around 5000nm and it takes around 2 hour of flight with 8x. Thats why i am asking.

2 hours ago, mmr1704 said:

Your full name. Not just your first name. It's easiest if you just add it to your signature.

9 hours ago, Farlis said:

Your full name. Not just your first name. It's easiest if you just add it to your signature.

roger that

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, mmr1704 said:

at top of climb i turn off active sky next and it is clear sky no winds etc. so there is no weather conditions at all. But still when auto time compression go up to16x the plane do right and left and go back to 1X. I do often LTBA To KLAX flights and it is around 5000nm and it takes around 2 hour of flight with 8x. Thats why i am asking.

I'm not sure that in this case you have clear winds. Probably something is not right. Check the wind indicator on your ND if it's changing of speed/direction then that is the issue.

In my little experience with this (I prefer to fly shorter, real-time flights, even with big birds), I noticed that 4x, or 8x is pretty reliable in cruise. For 16x, you need almost absolutely perfect conditions and ocean underneath, otherwise you will find yourself frustrating over it.