Sign in to follow this  
markmasterson

P3D V4 Rocking up and down

I am having problems with the P3d V4 777.  I continually get rocking (slight up pitch and then down pitch) while flying with AP on VNAV and LNAV at 31000.  This is the 4th flight same thing.   Can anyone help me that has experienced this.  I noticed that happened in 2013 a lot.  I can't find anything on this in the forum.  I do appreciate the help.

Update:

Bounces between 30000 and 32000 can stay at Alt set of 31000.   Tried to unplug joysticks still continued to rock, No weather loaded, No trim axis assigned to joysticks.

Mark T. Masterson

1 hour ago, markmasterson said:

Tried to unplug joysticks still continued to rock, No weather loaded, No trim axis assigned to joysticks.

Using EZDok?

Kyle Rodgers

Do you have FSUIPC installed? If so try moving the FSUIPC.ini file out of your Modules folder

Kyle and Chris...should have said that no I am not using FSIUPC or EzDok.....Thank  you for your help

Mark Masterson

13 minutes ago, markmasterson said:

should have said that no I am not using FSIUPC or EzDok.....Thank  you for your help

Please list out anything and everything that you are using on your computer, sim-related.

Additionally:

What anti-virus program are you using? What kind of motherboard?

When it comes to asking for support, it's usually best to bury us in as much information as possible. Playing 20 questions about it delays things and makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

Kyle Rodgers

All,

I have gone back to the tutorial flight.  Flew it just as specified.  It almost killed me :)   But the PMDG 777LRX flies perfectly smooth.  I now wonder what step I left off that caused the effect I am seeing

1 minute ago, markmasterson said:

All,

I have gone back to the tutorial flight.  Flew it just as specified.  It almost killed me :)   But the PMDG 777LRX flies perfectly smooth.  I now wonder what step I left off that caused the effect I am seeing

Were you using time acceleration before or in smooth flight? I don't see how that would stop it bouncing.

Chris...No idea but I was not using time acceleration.   Also, I stopped P3D reloaded the tutorial flight from scratch so it was a completely new environment....It is either the aircraft configuration (I downloaded repaints only from the PMDG Operations Center) or something I missed in start-up or flight planning.  I want to recreate so that I can understand and then share with everyone...

7 minutes ago, markmasterson said:

Chris...No idea but I was not using time acceleration.   Also, I stopped P3D reloaded the tutorial flight from scratch so it was a completely new environment....It is either the aircraft configuration (I downloaded repaints only from the PMDG Operations Center) or something I missed in start-up or flight planning.  I want to recreate so that I can understand and then share with everyone...

Were you loading the default panel startup configuration in your "rocking" flights or was it a custom made one?

21 hours ago, markmasterson said:

I am having problems with the P3d V4 777.  I continually get rocking (slight up pitch and then down pitch) while flying with AP on VNAV and LNAV at 31000.  This is the 4th flight same thing.   Can anyone help me that has experienced this.  I noticed that happened in 2013 a lot.  I can't find anything on this in the forum.  I do appreciate the help.

Update:

Bounces between 30000 and 32000 can stay at Alt set of 31000.   Tried to unplug joysticks still continued to rock, No weather loaded, No trim axis assigned to joysticks.

Mark T. Masterson

I though that I am the only one who has this issue, because not so many people have this issue, I do not really ask in this forum,  so far I just stop flying with 777.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Seeing the porpoising as well with latest build. This is on P3D v3. 4. Hundreds of hours in her and first I've seen of this. This was with the 300ER

Eric 

Gents,

Earlier, I asked a few questions. Instead of "oh hey +1" or "me too," if you want any meaningful help, or really want to assert it's an actual problem you're going to have to help us track the issue down. I don't have access to your computers, which is why I asked the questions I did. Please answer them:

On 7/4/2017 at 9:53 PM, scandinavian13 said:

Please list out anything and everything that you are using on your computer, sim-related.

Additionally:

What anti-virus program are you using? What kind of motherboard?

When it comes to asking for support, it's usually best to bury us in as much information as possible. Playing 20 questions about it delays things and makes it more difficult than it needs to be.

Without answers to stuff like this, I'm shooting in the dark, and I'm a little busy to be trying to drag answers out of you. Help me (and others) help you.

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Kyle 

I do not use anti virus program, my motherboard is Asus Strix Z2700E gaming, 16 Gb Intern memory, Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti, WIndows 10 Pro, Default scenery, Prepare3D Version 4,chase plane.

the issue start with between 15 000, I'm not using time acceleration. it is not happend  with 777 for Prepare3D Version 3, but currentyl I use Prepare3D Version 4.

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

26 minutes ago, johnliem said:

Hello Kyle 

I do not use anti virus program, my motherboard is Asus Strix Z2700E gaming, 16 Gb Intern memory, Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti, WIndows 10 Pro, Default scenery, Prepare3D Version 4,chase plane.

the issue start with between 15 000, I'm not using time acceleration. it is not happend  with 777 for Prepare3D Version 3, but currentyl I use Prepare3D Version 4.

Try without chase plane