Sign in to follow this  
markmasterson

P3D V4 Rocking up and down

2 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

Gents,

Earlier, I asked a few questions. Instead of "oh hey +1" or "me too," if you want any meaningful help, or really want to assert it's an actual problem you're going to have to help us track the issue down. I don't have access to your computers, which is why I asked the questions I did. Please answer them:

Without answers to stuff like this, I'm shooting in the dark, and I'm a little busy to be trying to drag answers out of you. Help me (and others) help you.

A/V = ESET Nod 32. All FS related items excluded from scanning and disabled while flying. Same one I have been using before the issue cropped up. 

Motherboard = AS Rock Z170 OC Formula 

Using: AS16 with ASCA, vPilot, VA Interface from Virtual Avionics, Track IR, LINDA with VRinsight MCP2, PFC Jetliner 737 Yoke with rudder pedals and toe brakes, JetMax 737 throttle quadrant with tiller. 

Eric 

after updating the PMDG 777 to 1.10.8373  the issue is gone,

Win11 Pro 64 Bit, Intel® Core i9-10900K 5.3 GHz, NVIDIA  RTX 3090, DDR4 4200 128GB, P3D V5

John Liem

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Too add, did not see this whilst in cruise. I selected a lower cruise level, from FL360 to FL280 while in VNAV (dialed in the altitude in the MCP, selected FL280 in the CRZ page of the FMC and hit execute). Upon reaching FL280 is when it started. When I went lower on the arrival I selected V/S after dialing in the lower altitude in the MCP and upon reaching 17000 it did not do it. 

Eric 

Kyle,

Since I started this thread and I have been doing my own troubleshooting.  My assumption is I did something wrong.  Since when I follow the checklist exactly as defined, I can not recreate the problem.   So my recommendation for anyone that is having this problem is to follow the checklist exactly!   Since I have done that it has worked flawlessly.  

Lastly, what I believe is the cause is one of three things.  1. Using a Cold and Dark Panel (no mods), 2. Either I hit activate flight plan before the flight plan is complete or 3. I failed to properly input the trim before leaving the ground.   These are the only three things that I could have messed up. When I use the default model when it starts and follows the checklist no problems.   I have not tried to see if I could break it again because I am enjoying flying this wonderful airplane...Thank you PMDG.   I have read many times the importance to read the manuals, however, I am impatient and sometimes try to do it my way...

Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 (rev. 1.1) , Intel I7 6700, MS Defender Anti Virus (TUrned off during installs), Orbx (all regions), FS Dream Team, Fly Tampa etc, AS16, ASCA, Logitech G970 throttle, pedals and Joystick.

I have had a Hash crash but I believe that could be connected to weather...Can't recreate that either.   As a software engineer what Kyle is saying is critical.  He needs to be able to recreate the problem in order to fix it. 

Hope this helps

Mark T. Masterson

Not seeing this either anymore. Must have been a one off that the HID initiated. Consider this topic closed. 

Eric