Sign in to follow this  
simdown42

P3DV4 Install Problem

Hi

I have the latest P3Dv4  Carenado updates. I can successfully get past the serial number/ email window. When I get to the sim selection page the P3D button does nothing and there is a flashing white square next to it with no option to browse. The page then freezes. Anti virus is off. I have P3Dv4 with hotfix 1. I've encountered no problems installing other addons. This is happening on all the new Carenado updates eg Phenom 100, Seneca V.

Any help please

Thanks

simdown42

I've installed 3 carenado addons thus far and have not encountered any difficulty, however truth be told they were installed BEFORE I installed the p3dv4 hotfix.  Try running the addon as administrator to see if that makes a difference.

Just tried to reinstall and it works ok.  Selecting P3d the first time takes you to another screen where you select your P3d version.  Selecting P3dv4 populates the white text field with your p3d installation folder.  Maybe redownload the installer

Hilkiah G. Lavinier

P3d v4.3, ORBX (global/trees/vector/LC,airports), Envshade/Envtek, Pilot2ATC, PRO-ATC, Navigraph, PFPX, ASCA/AS, Freemesh 2.0, Aivlasoft EFB v2, Various addon airports, FSL A319X/A320X, PMDG 737/777/747, TFDI 717, QW 787, Carenados jets

Intel i7 4790k (no OC & no hyperthreading), 16gb, Nvidia 980ti (no OC), 3xSSDs, Acer Predator XB281HK (4K resolution), Windows 10 (1803 build) - runs P3D 

Intel NUC7i7BNH i7, 16gb, M2 ssd, Windows 10 (build 1803) - runs AS/ASCA, Pilot2ATC, Aivlasoft EFB 

Thanks Hilkiah

All is well

Had to enlarge my text setting. I've never had to do this with any other addons. Obviously Carenado needs this action for some reason as it goes through a small graphical process before starting the install screen. Carenado might need to check their programming

Cheers

simdown42

On 7/5/2017 at 9:00 PM, simdown42 said:

Thanks Hilkiah

All is well

Had to enlarge my text setting. I've never had to do this with any other addons. Obviously Carenado needs this action for some reason as it goes through a small graphical process before starting the install screen. Carenado might need to check their programming

Cheers

simdown42

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "enlarge my text setting"? I am having the same problem and it looks as if you have found an easy fix.

Many thanks!