Sign in to follow this  
flyaway719

737ngx tic toc tic toc

9 hours ago, icemarkom said:

I don't know about you, but I find nothing wrong flying short hops in a 777 or 747. Are they realistic - I quite frankly don't care, as I find them fun. 

Hi Marko, no problem at all on short flights. Some of my favourite routes are Lisbon / Barcelona; Manchester / Lisbon; Narita / Fukuoka. But sometimes I only have an hour or so to fly and even these routes are not an option. But I agree with you "fun" is the key word.:cool:

11 hours ago, icemarkom said:

I don't know about you, but I find nothing wrong flying short hops in a 777 or 747. Are they realistic - I quite frankly don't care, as I find them fun. 

Any route is plausible with freight haulers.  if it doesn't feel right, I just create a freight haul charter.  

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Quite amazing... are they stil flying 747's (I believe it's the 747-400D version, right?) on domestic routes in Japan?

Not anymore, as neither ANA or JAL have any 747s left. They do still fly 777-300s around on domestic routes, I believe.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

On 2017/7/6 at 11:11 PM, Captain Kevin said:

Not anymore, as neither ANA or JAL have any 747s left. They do still fly 777-300s around on domestic routes, I believe.

Yes, the 777-300 is still used a lot on the Japanese domestic routes, as is the 777-200. JAL has already retired three of their domestic 777-300's, with 4 remaining in service. ANA still has all (7) of theirs, I think.

As far as the 747 goes, ANA retired their last 747-400D in March 2014. JAL had retired all of theirs a few years earlier.

Even the 777-300ER can sometimes be seen on domestic routes, but its not common. Sometimes they fly a domestic hop in continuation of an international flight (i.e. JFK - NRT - CTS/ITM etc. (arriving in late evening), and then flying the  opposite way next morning (the international destination may change).

Austrian also sometimes flies the 772ER from Vienna (LOWW) into Frankfurt (EDDF) when more capacity is needed or for pilot training.

On 6.7.2017 at 6:27 AM, Anders Bermann said:

Personally I'm really looking forward to the PMDG 737. I'm really missing an A320 (does the Aerosoft work?) or 737 size airliner in Prepar3D V4... 

FSLabs are working on an P3D v4 version A 320, for v3 it is out and doing very well

Keep Flying Robert

I7 12700KF, MSI RTX 3080ti Suprim X 12GB, G Skill Trident Z DDR5-6000 32 GB RAM, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690 F Gaming WiFi, Win 10 pro 2004 Build 21H2. 2x 1 TB Samsung SSD 860 EVO, 1 TB M 2.0 Crucial, Corsair AiO watercooled.

24 minutes ago, elgreco111 said:

FSLabs are working on an P3D v4 version A 320, for v3 it is out and doing very well

Yearh, I know that part... they just seem to be taking their time with that... Originally they said a couple of weeks :laugh:

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471