Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

My beloved C337 over the German Coast XP11

Just incredible scenery! The best of any of my sims, now...wow.

Still exploring beautiful Bavaria!

Car_C337_16.png

Car_C337_17.png

Car_C337_18.png

Car_C337_19.png

• Upvote 1

Fantastico  

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Nice shots! i can recommend Ireland with Bing. Looks also fantastic.

5 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Nice shots! i can recommend Ireland with Bing. Looks also fantastic.

Thanks.....will keep that handy! :)

Mate,

This is absolutely greatand the shots are spectacular.  I cannot wait to get mine started.

Thanks, by the way, for your latest PM. Today is download day LOL

Regards

Tony Chilcott 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

6 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Mate,

This is absolutely greatand the shots are spectacular.  I cannot wait to get mine started.

Thanks, by the way, for your latest PM. Today is download day LOL

Regards

Tony Chilcott 

Have at it, Tony...and you're most welcome.  Welcome as the newest member of the We get 'er done, Ortho for XPlane Club!

I just picked up another 8TB new release version My Book USB 3.1 SuperSpeed external.  In all, I now have 24 TB's of storage space...and that will be just perfect for parts of all the continents I wish to fly over!  More than enough, for my Ortho4XP plan, to conquer the world....:cool:  Move over, Alexander The Great, for there is a new player in town....:biggrin: 

Only 24tb eh??? I am surprised at you lol.

I am going to start with Australia and Indonesia and bought a new 2TB hdd. I think I have outdone myself in skimping.  I do however, have a myriad of problems so a "welcome Newbie to the club" may be a little premature.

I will PM you again but I am wondering whether I should make these enquiries a little more public in the hope that it clears up the initial problems I am having, for other newbies.  I will let you decide and if necessary I will relate them in a new post.

Thank for the welcome anyway.

Regards to our fello Ortho practicioners

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Only 24tb eh??? I am surprised at you lol.

I am going to start with Australia and Indonesia and bought a new 2TB hdd. I think I have outdone myself in skimping.  I do however, have a myriad of problems so a "welcome Newbie to the club" may be a little premature.

I will PM you again but I am wondering whether I should make these enquiries a little more public in the hope that it clears up the initial problems I am having, for other newbies.  I will let you decide and if necessary I will relate them in a new post.

Thank for the welcome anyway.

Regards to our fello Ortho practicioners

Tony 

Tony, everybody at the start of this journey, is a total 'newbie', lol.  Yeppers...

The Manual is truly your best friend.  It comes with the download.  Don't skimp on the coffee, or the pages...and you'll be up and running, creating great personal Ortho in no time.

I'd post your inquiries in the XP Scenery Forum, for there are many individuals that have been doing this way longer than myself, for that matter!  They can all jump in, to help you become an 'Ortho Pro'....in no time! I'll help where I can, and as I can, no problem.  Yep, use the Forum...and in no time, you'll be muttering under breath; "dang...I need another 8TB's of whatever.... ":)  

"I'll tell you what, as your tiles become more 'tuned' and visually sophisticated, by your exploring all the options that can be turned on, in tile generating....you will probably rate TB storage, on the same budget level, as saving for the next big new and shiny, graphics card.  Yep...at least that has been my experience.  They now go hand in hand.  I buy the card to punch out premium graphics, and am buying the TB storage capacity to hold those images for it to throw upon the screen.  Yep....TB storage and a Graphic Card Update, are now hand-in-hand at my end.

I will share with you, as you get going, a great way to have your 'cake' and eat it, too.  You can run with an overlay, or not, and have pristine zl17 ortho, in one minute of Custom Scenery Folder manipulation.  Easy as that. I personally run my Ortho4XP 'outings', as daylight/no overlay and early morning, morning, dusk, and evening flight ops, with overlays.  The best of both worlds...in a change up that takes 1 minute, before a flight.  As you get on...(I don't want to load you up with things to try, before you even get truly going...) so will communicate this to you later...let's let you get a few tiles produced....and your own eyes popping at the result!"

Cheers,

Mitch 

Thanks Mitch,

Awe inspiring mate and I shall certainly go there.  I think the only reason I may go to the "Damn I need another 8TB" is if I go to z21 for all scenery.  I have bids in to buy the current US Defence computer network to run the bloody thing too. LOL

I shall await your response to PM, start my ortho experience and then recompose my queries on the aforementioned forum for other Newbies.

Cheers mate

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

3 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Awe inspiring mate and I shall certainly go there.  I think the only reason I may go to the "Damn I need another 8TB" is if I go to z21 for all scenery.  I have bids in to buy the current US Defence computer network to run the bloody thing too. LOL

"Now THAT,was freakin' FUNNY!  :)

Great sense of humor!

...and oh...trust me...you'll be Hannibal with elephants in no time, with zl17....OH YES!   OH YES!....ROTFLMBO!

Cheers, Mate.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:15 AM, himmelhorse said:

Thanks Mitch,

I shall await your response to PM, start my ortho experience and then recompose my queries on the aforementioned forum for other Newbies.

Cheers mate

Regards to all

Tony

How's your Ortho4XP journey going, so far? :)

Mitch,

Stalled .... just finished reading your post and suffered yet another power failure which took out my power supply. Thats a R9 290 GPU and a PSU (1200watts) in 8 days. Brownouts and blackouts over the last 6 years have replaced two computers and numerous computer parts for me. As an aged pensioner, this I think, makes it the most expensive place in the world to be flight simming.

PSU (has to be ordered) will take about a week (it has to come from Surabaya which is 130ks away, so it will take at least that long LOL)

I will however plow on using my laptop for communications (internet here is so slow that I am get the election of Abraham Lincoln as a breaking news item) As soon as I get my computer back from the technician, I will continue and advise.

Thanks for your encouragement and interest mate.

Regards

Tony.

Tony Chilcott.

1 hour ago, himmelhorse said:

Mitch,

Stalled .... just finished reading your post and suffered yet another power failure which took out my power supply. Thats a R9 290 GPU and a PSU (1200watts) in 8 days. Brownouts and blackouts over the last 6 years have replaced two computers and numerous computer parts for me. As an aged pensioner, this I think, makes it the most expensive place in the world to be flight simming.

PSU (has to be ordered) will take about a week (it has to come from Surabaya which is 130ks away, so it will take at least that long LOL)

I will however plow on using my laptop for communications (internet here is so slow that I am get the election of Abraham Lincoln as a breaking news item) As soon as I get my computer back from the technician, I will continue and advise.

Thanks for your encouragement and interest mate.

Regards

Tony.

Tony...the first thing you need to buy...is a battery-power backup/spike/surge protector. They are not expensive..and make sure you also get one that has a line-spike arrestor. 

I run a CyberPower 825VA   This unit has a ton of features, and will keep your system on, for 15 minutes, lots of time for you to shut down properly, and lose no data, if it is a power failure, lighting storm, etc.  It also maintains a perfect sine-wave filtered feed of 120v, so there are no brown-out problems, that can yes...kill your electrical circuits....particularly, motherboards, and PSU blocks.

Lots of times, I have had an off, and right back on, power surge, that did not affect my system one iota. This is the kind of surge that can take out a 'fridge, your central air-conditioner compressor, LCD tv's...all of it. Bad stuff! 

The other good thing about the above model, or a more recent one of the line, is that you can install a new battery, when the monitor itself, tells you that it no longer can hold a charge. Great software comes with it too, as you can see in a flash, what the battery charge is...and can even power a  fault...and test the drain and time-left.

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP825LCD-Intelligent-825VA-Compact/dp/B001E08PF2?th=1

Here is a tip: If you plug a normal 120v Power Strip/Bar into one of the surge and battery plug-ins...that Power Strip will now also maintain power as well as be fully surge protected, and you can place all of your AC bricks into that strip and extend the number of things you can run on the CyberPower. I use two power bars...and have everything protected via the CyberPower 825.

Pay the money...and it is the best insurance against any more house-line surges, spikes, loss of power, or house-supply, AC brown-outs.  

Buy this unit...and rest easy...your system is TOTALLY protected! So is all your gear that runs on AC bricks...My Books, USB hubs, anything that runs with an AC brick. They all get plugged in as well.

Hope this helps.

Mitch,

Thanks for that info matey but you are preaching to the well converted.  I have had one ordered now for 7 months.

I initially checked on line and lots of retailers list them but NOBODY has "in stock" This is entirely usual for this place and the policy extends to everything. If a product does not march out the door within 10 minutes of putting on shelves, retailers will advertise but not stock.  ALL retailers here aare basiclly "order takers" and they are good at it.  The main reason for this is that most of them cannot afford to buy and keep until sold and it applies to cars, motorbikes, electrical goods, computers, whitegoods etc. Another of their "quaint" policies is that you MUST buy in your area, particularly with cars or motorbikes. If you only have one dealer in your area then he/she has an absolute monopoly and can charge exactly what they like. An example of this is in my area, I can still buy a brand new 2013 Hyundai Sonata and it will only cost me AUD53,000 (cost in Australia in 2013 was AUD31,000. However, it is an order item and only takes six months to deliver.

So, as you can see, there are some adversities involved in living here, but I do love the country and its people so it is a case of T.I.I. (This is Indonesia)  when you come across things like this.

Your suggestion,  however is well appreciated LOL I do, have though,a surge protector which as you can see is doing a wonderful job and is saving me thousands lol

Regards mate

Tony

Tony Chilcott.