Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

My beloved C337 over the German Coast XP11

11 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Mitch,

Thanks for that info matey but you are preaching to the well converted.  I have had one ordered now for 7 months.

I initially checked on line and lots of retailers list them but NOBODY has "in stock" This is entirely usual for this place and the policy extends to everything. If a product does not march out the door within 10 minutes of putting on shelves, retailers will advertise but not stock.  ALL retailers here aare basiclly "order takers" and they are good at it.  The main reason for this is that most of them cannot afford to buy and keep until sold and it applies to cars, motorbikes, electrical goods, computers, whitegoods etc. Another of their "quaint" policies is that you MUST buy in your area, particularly with cars or motorbikes. If you only have one dealer in your area then he/she has an absolute monopoly and can charge exactly what they like. An example of this is in my area, I can still buy a brand new 2013 Hyundai Sonata and it will only cost me AUD53,000 (cost in Australia in 2013 was AUD31,000. However, it is an order item and only takes six months to deliver.

So, as you can see, there are some adversities involved in living here, but I do love the country and its people so it is a case of T.I.I. (This is Indonesia)  when you come across things like this.

Your suggestion,  however is well appreciated LOL I do, have though,a surge protector which as you can see is doing a wonderful job and is saving me thousands lol

Regards mate

Tony

I see all is well in-hand, then, other than geographical-logistics! :)

Hope you get all, soon. 

Cheers,

Mitch