Sign in to follow this  
Michael Moe

FB KSFO Freeze on late final P3DV4

Hi, 

I was hoping that the freeze issue i am having about 500-200feet AGL would go away now that i also can preload All sounds in the PMDG released aircrafts but I still get freeze for half a second twice on very late final at least to 28R. It is the same with ILS28R or just the quite bridge visual. I can sustain 25fps. 

I have FTX NCA with all the Marina disabled in the control  panel. Any one having a tip? 

I just love to test my skills at this great place on earth. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Hi,

I assume there are two things to this >

1. It could be the scenery loading late.

2. It could be the sim (unless you don't have any issue in any other airports).

I'd assume it's number one though, but however I could be wrong as well. I'd suggest trying going all the way to lowest in "autogen, building, ... ". But make sure you have a saved approach where it occurs and then slowly raise the settings and see where it actually happens.

Good luck, post your reports so I can actually see if it solve anything. If not I'm sorry.

Did you recently do the orbit light update? If so, go back and dbl check that orbx related sfo bgl's are turned off. The light update will write new bgls where existing have been disabled.

28 minutes ago, JasonW said:

Thanks will try this as there is a buggy on/off problem with FTX NCA. 

Anyone cares for trying the ILS28R and look for Freezes? 

Also happening during takeoff on 28L about Halfway down the runway 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

I saw no freezes whatsoever after installing NorCal update.  Left all of the things in the control panel on.  I got my normal 20-35 fps in the area but very fluid.

I did just update within the last 30-40 minutes after seeing your OP.  Perhaps they threw a fix in the update after learning of the issue.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I use this location quite often, never a freeze taking off any runway.  I also have the Orbx region with everything turned on.  I have a good system but not a super performer.

Dan Downs KCRP

16 hours ago, downscc said:

I use this location quite often, never a freeze taking off any runway.  I also have the Orbx region with everything turned on.  I have a good system but not a super performer.

Thanks,

But after a long test i still havent found the exact bug. All KSFO files in the subfolder of FTXNCA scenery related to KSFO is set to off. And also an elevation file in the /world/ folder (an also every things in the controlpanel inside FTX Central3/NCA

But if i turn off FTX NCA and only using OPENLCNA the issue is gone.

I can reproduce the freeze at exactly 125knots on RWY28L departure

and again on approach at 500feet and at about 200 feet.

If it was the sound loading in the PMDG it would be strange as it does not freeze disabling FTXNCA.

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

But if i turn off FTX NCA and only using OPENLCNA the issue is gone.

Have you posted this in the Orbx forum? I think I followed their compatibility instructions, I have thee files turned off in P3Dv4\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery folder but they are KOAK files for the Photoreal Oakland scenery.  The only ADE FTX elevation file I have turned off in world scenery is for KLAS.

Dan Downs KCRP

There is another .bgl file '''FTX_NCA_objects_CA_San_Francisco.bgl''' that can drop performance and cause a momentary pause while loading into memory around KSFO. There is no off switch via the FTX control panel so you'll have disable it manually.

I don't think you'll miss anything with this BGL, I think it's associated with Aquatics Park and maybe the near by yacht club by Crissy Field. You can see the fps performance hit from the KSFO tower view looking out over Candlestick Park towards downtown.

Isn't there a setting in the Addon Manager for changing the distance that the airport will draw in?

Try setting it to draw the airport a little further out, as a way of spreading out the number of things loading in to the sim on short final. I remember having to do this with FSDT'S CYVR, in the Orbx PNW area.

54 minutes ago, Jazzfan said:

Isn't there a setting in the Addon Manager for changing the distance that the airport will draw in?

Try setting it to draw the airport a little further out, as a way of spreading out the number of things loading in to the sim on short final. I remember having to do this with FSDT'S CYVR, in the Orbx PNW area.

Autogen Pop up i think you are refering to . Will check the setting in the add-on manager

I have everything turned off regarding KSFO and FTXNCA at least as related to KSFO in filename.

Will try in the TFDI 717 tonight just to rule out the aircraft .

is there a way to see which files gets loaded into the sim at a specific time ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

4 hours ago, Jazzfan said:

Yes, the Anti-pop setting. But, on P3D V4, by default is set to its maximum value of 30, which means everything will be loaded at about 15 NM out, so if this setting hasn't been changed, any freeze on final is surely not caused by the airport objects loaded by the Addon Manager.

6 hours ago, virtuali said:

Yes, the Anti-pop setting. But, on P3D V4, by default is set to its maximum value of 30, which means everything will be loaded at about 15 NM out, so if this setting hasn't been changed, any freeze on final is surely not caused by the airport objects loaded by the Addon Manager.

And for the record the TFDI B717 is making the same freeze on my system with same settings so aircraft can be ruled out.

Hmm , maybe i need to put this in the ORBX forum. Strange that it is only me having this issue

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

My last suggestion would be to temporarily disable the Orbx libraries. They are not really necessary when flying tubeliners.