Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

A visit to New Zealand (XP11)

Generated from Ortho4XP ZL17, custom-made tree tool, and NZ Ultimate VFR scenery.

Cessna_172SP_1

Cessna_172SP_2

Cessna_172SP_3

Cessna_172SP_4

Cessna_172SP_5

Cessna_172SP_6

Cessna_172SP_7

Cessna_172SP_8

Cessna_172SP_9

• Upvote 9

Very Nice!  What source did you use for the orthophotos Tony?

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

This is the NZ data source (LINZ) available inside Ortho4XP. I also used a highres 15m DEM

34 minutes ago, tonywob said:

This is the NZ data source (LINZ) available inside Ortho4XP. I also used a highres 15m DEM

Very nice Tony!

So as a new xplane user I  gotta ask you.... can you make a zip file of what you created and share it with us at the avsim library? That looks awesome! 

No, it's just far too big sorry, nearly 30GB

6 hours ago, tonywob said:

No, it's just far too big sorry, nearly 30GB

"If they ONLY knew..." (interspersed with an evil-sounding laugh!)....if they only...." :ampun:

• Upvote 1

Woah - poetry in motion Tony! Looks like Wanganui or possibly somewhere on the Coromandel?

Matt, I think it's somewhere around Hastings (That was the airport I took off from anyway). Really nice area to fly around and the 15DEM mesh from LINZ really makes the details pop. 

Heya Tony Wow! looks awesome, In the version of Ortho4XP I have LINZ is`not an option. Aaron gave me instructions on how to put it in through the LINZ site by creating an API is it? I followed the instructions and got it inserted alright but when I go into Ortho4XP it is not there as an option so I have to use BING, there IS an NZ in the Data source but last time I tried it I was just getting blacked out images, will yuor NZ Ultimate pack be on sale shortly? cheers

Andy :)

Hi Andy

You need to go the LINZ site and register for the API key which you have, then you open up the file Carnet_d_adresses.py and then look for the line for the NZ source:

####################################################
 # New Zealand (partial but very good in some places)
 # Open data
 ####################################################
elif website=='NZ':
   server=random.randint(1,4)
   dico_letters={1:"a",2:"b",3:"c",4:"d"}
   url= "https://tiles-"+dico_letters[server]+".data-cdn.linz.govt.nz/services;"+\
        "key=342983749237492234/tiles/v4/set=2/"+\
         str(zoomlevel)+"/"+str(til_x)+"/"+str(til_y)+".png"
   fake_headers=fake_headers_generic

Replace the part that says key=<number> above with your own API key. If you have Ortho4XP open, close it and open again, and the source will work, but just a warning it's incredibly slow.

An easier solution for the north Island is to use this https://mildlyalert.wordpress.com/lyndimans-new-zealand-ortho-photography-set/ . This guy has done all the hardwork by blending etc, so definitely worth grabbing this to save bandwidth and time.

Alternatively, you can use the Arc source which is pretty good in NZ.

That is looking fantastic Tony....does this mean NZ Ultimate is still a thing?  As a proud Wellingtonian and Kiwi I sure hope it is!  :)  And would you be willing to share your custom tree tool?

Hi Tony, great photo's and great topic. I'm working on some nice VFR Ortho4XP scenery here in rural Canterbury. I am trying to figure out how to use higher resolution (LINZ DEM data) in Ortho4XP? What is the best way of achieving this and any other tips and tricks would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.