Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Odd 777 Behaviors - New Installers

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any odd autothrottle issues such as uncommanded thrust increase, speed decay below vref on final and then the autothrottle over compensating by 20 to 30kts over vref? This was in the 300ER. Have installed the newest version today into P3D v3. 4 (not quite ready for v4) and started noticing this behavior which I've never seen before. I also noticed that on takeoff, the right MLG gave me a "brake temp" advisory and saw that brake temps were 4.0+. I know Kyle has said before that in v4 you may have to recalibrate your hardware with the PMDG aircraft but now I'm wondering if these two problems are related to that comment even though I'm still on v3.4 due to the updated software in the PMDG aircraft. I have rudder / toe brakes and hardware throttles. Anybody else seeing this odd behavior that is still on 3.4 with these new 777 installers? By the way, don't get these issues in the 747 which I have not updated with the new v4 installers (and won't now). 

Eric 

30 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Just wondering if anyone has noticed any odd autothrottle issues such as uncommanded thrust increase, speed decay below vref on final and then the autothrottle over compensating by 20 to 30kts over vref? This was in the 300ER. Have installed the newest version today into P3D v3. 4 (not quite ready for v4) and started noticing this behavior which I've never seen before. I also noticed that on takeoff, the right MLG gave me a "brake temp" advisory and saw that brake temps were 4.0+. I know Kyle has said before that in v4 you may have to recalibrate your hardware with the PMDG aircraft but now I'm wondering if these two problems are related to that comment even though I'm still on v3.4 due to the updated software in the PMDG aircraft. I have rudder / toe brakes and hardware throttles. Anybody else seeing this odd behavior that is still on 3.4 with these new 777 installers? By the way, don't get these issues in the 747 which I have not updated with the new v4 installers (and won't now). 

Hi Eric,

There was already a thread regarding the auto throttle anomalies on approach here:

You might want to read through that and see if any of the suggestions in there help you out.

With regards to the brake temp indication, I would suggest removing the FSUIPC profile (If you use FSUIPC) and recalibrating all your axis (especially the rudders/toe brakes) just to ensure that hardware isn't at play.