Sign in to follow this  
LZScout

Using ChasePlane with Multiple Monitors

I'm using ChasePlane in a P3D based sim with one main ChasePlane monitor and two other monitors I use for displaying the aircrafts instrument panel. Although all 3 monitors are displaying ChasePlane virtual cockpit windows, the different camera views I've set up only change on the main monitor. 

In P3D v3.4, I use the Pan View axis control in FSUIPC4 to adjust the view in the instrument panel monitors. For some reason in P3D v4, the same command in FSUIPC5 doesn't function.

Could someone be able to tell me how ChasePlane functions in a multiple monitor (multiple window) setup? Perhaps I'm not setting it up the best way.

Hi, I am also using multiple monitors. My main window (Primary Windows Display) shows the panels and my second Monitor shows the cockpit view.

Question:  does ChasePlane support multiple monitor configurartion.

In my FSX configuration ChasePlane doesn't work.

Specs: WIN7-64 PRO, FSX-SP2, CP v0.3.70

regards

Alhard

regards, 

Alhard,   FS-Pilot since 1980,

WIN7, FS9-FSX-P3Dv45, 3 PCs, 6 Monitors, IVAO, Helicopter, Airbus, VFR

ChasePlane only supports the “Main” view and will not interact with created windows or multiple view windows.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven, my problem is solved:

1. The reason why CP is not connecting to my FSX is following:

As in the FSUIPC guide "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users" in chapter "Multiple INI files " Pete is showing how to configure FSX with multiple CFG and INI files.

I am using this "trick" since many years without a problem. Now I found that CP is only working properly if I use FSX.CFG and not e.g.: FSX_MAS.CFG.

Is that true, that you are fixed in your product just on using FSX.CFG ? How can I overcome this issue?  Now when I am flying helicopters, I have to rename and copy the assigned CFG files, which is not nice.

2. Now when I run CP with standard FSX.CFG , CP works fine on my undocked cockpit view on a second monitor. On my main window monitor (Windows Primary) , I placed the 2-D panels.

So, I would think , CP is working on multiple monitors as well.

best regards

Alhard

regards, 

On 18.12.2017 at 5:41 PM, alihor said:

1. The reason CP is not connecting to my FSX is following:

As in the FSUIPC guide "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users" in chapter "Multiple INI files " Pete is showing how to configure FSX with multiple CFG and INI files.

I am using this "trick" since many years without a problem. Now I found that CP is only working properly if I use FSX.CFG and not e.g.: FSX_MAS.CFG.

Is that true, that you are fixed in your product just on using FSX.CFG ? How can I overcome this issue?  Now when I am flying helicopters, I have to rename and copy the assigned CFG files, which is not nice.

Hi Keven, please respond on my point above.

regards, 

ChasePlane will require FSX.cfg to be detected as a valid installation. If the file is not found, ChasePlane will not connect.

I don’t understand the need for a renamed cfg file and I am unfamiliar with how it affects the configuration...

Is the name variable or is it simply always FSX_MAS.cfg?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Hi Keven

As I have different SIM configurations I used the feature that Pete Dawson described in his FSUIPC Guide. 

I fly Jets,  Helicopters,  Gliders as well.  And I fly in Europe, in America's and Oceania. 

For all this I start with different FSX calls, cause my configuration in FSX e.g. controls.xml, fsx.cfg, fsuipc.ini is different configured. Simple example: for helicopters I use the inverted thrust as pitch lever, for VFR flight in Europe I use only this scenery enabled. 

So I start with variable names created by me 

fsx_mas.exe (calling fsx_mas.cfg and fsuipc_mas.ini automatically) 

fsx_heli.exe (calling fsx_heli.cfg and fsuipc_heli.ini automatically) 

fsx_usa.exe (calling fsx_usa.cfg and fsuipc_usa.ini automatically) 

All this "exe" have an individual icon with individual symbol picture. 

Keven, I hope you understand why I don't have just standard fsx.cfg

Result: unfortunately I cannot use ChasePlane

best regards

Alhard

PS: I do not need a refund,  I need an update please 😃

regards, 

Thanks for the explanation, I was unaware of this feature of FSUIPC.

I will have a look at the simulator detection system and see what I can do to go around that issue.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Great!! I am waiting.

I have an additional info for you.

Another Add-On needs also the default FSX.CFG, so I have this file in the default folder, but it's not used.

This other Add-On is not dependant on FSX.EXE or FSX.CFG. This Add-On needs it just for identification of the correct APPDATA folder of FSX Installation.

regards, 

Hey Keven, I can see GREEN !! It works on first glance with Version 0.4.180 Beta Exp  !!

But still have some issues. Please read my PM.

How can I send you a PM ?

Edited by alihor
second question

regards, 

You can send me a PM via our ticket system on the website.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42