Sign in to follow this  
davidzill

Prepar3d V4 performance, Having Issues

First, a plea. Please include your screen resolution in your post - very few posters mention the screen resolution they're using and it's often very significant. The OP is running a 4k monitor (if his signature is correct). If you're using less than 4k there's no point saying that your FPS are much higher than his (even with the same add-ons) or that you're running with all sliders to maximum as you're not comparing like with like.

On 6 July 2017 at 4:35 AM, davidzill said:

I set Vsync to on and the screen is tearing all over the place.

Which mode of vsync are you using? Have you tried fast sync? It doesn't limit your FPS and has very little performance hit. Whilst it may not fix your overall performance problem, it may help with your screen tearing without further performance reduction.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

36 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

First, a plea. Please include your screen resolution in your post - very few posters mention the screen resolution they're using and it's often very significant. The OP is running a 4k monitor (if his signature is correct). If you're using less than 4k there's no point saying that your FPS are much higher than his (even with the same add-ons) or that you're running with all sliders to maximum as you're not comparing like with like.

Which mode of vsync are you using? Have you tried fast sync? It doesn't limit your FPS and has very little performance hit. Whilst it may not fix your overall performance problem, it may help with your screen tearing without further performance reduction.

I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10. So far Prepar3d V4 performance has been good, keeping my fingers crossed.