Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

PMDG777 P3D pre-purchase ?

PMDG777 P3D pre-purchase?
Can it be installed and used in both the P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 on the same PC?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Yes it can. If you have both versions installed, you will find that the 777 installer asks you if you want to install in V3, V4 or both.

Not sure what you mean with pre-purchase though.-

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, harvester21 said:

pre-purchase

I may be wrong, but I interpreted this as the OP asking before he purchases the 777, whether he can use the v3 and v4 versions.

1 minute ago, vc10man said:

I may be wrong, but I interpreted this as the OP asking before he purchases the 777, whether he can use the v3 and v4 versions.

yep  that's what I thought  as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I'm still scratching my head, but it seems like you guys get it and have taken care of it, so... *thumbup*

Kyle Rodgers

3 hours ago, harvester21 said:

Yes it can. If you have both versions installed, you will find that the 777 installer asks you if you want to install in V3, V4 or both.

Not sure what you mean with pre-purchase though.-

it was just a P3D / PMDG777 pre-purchase question.

Thank for verifying one purchase will install to both (not one or the other) P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 on my PC.

Best Regards,

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

I'm still scratching my head, but it seems like you guys get it and have taken care of it, so... *thumbup*

Don't worry, that makes two of us....  

I'll go watch Tarzan to see if it's clearer afterwards :D

Hey, so I'm using PMDG FSX-SE and if I want to changed to Prepar3D V4, do I need to repurchase my PMDG aircraft or is it an update for FSX-SE

Stacey St Romain-KIAH

53 minutes ago, Raven9000 said:

Don't worry, that makes two of us....  

I'll go watch Tarzan to see if it's clearer afterwards :D

Sometimes I have seen pilots ask pre-purchase questions prior to spending money .. examples:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/431580-just-a-couple-pre-purchase-questions/

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13174

Best Regards,

18 minutes ago, stro19 said:

Hey, so I'm using PMDG FSX-SE and if I want to changed to Prepar3D V4, do I need to repurchase my PMDG aircraft or is it an update for FSX-SE

Yes,

The move from FSX to P3d requires a new purchase.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

11 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Sometimes I have seen pilots ask pre-purchase questions prior to spending money .. examples:

Ah! Got it! Thanks for clarifying.

19 minutes ago, stro19 said:

FSX and P3D (formerly ESP) are entirely separate platforms, meant for different purposes and are treated as such. Following that, a separate license is required.

Kyle Rodgers

15 minutes ago, icemarkom said:

ESP?

P3D was initially Microsoft ESP - the non-entertainment version of FSX. It's not a new product at all. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that none of the community would have even noticed it if FSX wasn't initially cut off. FSX went to DTG as FSX:SE. ESP went to LM, which was re-branded as P3D.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers