Sign in to follow this  

Nav light Halo texture

Guest Galant VR4

I had to delete FS9 and start all over. I have most of my textures updated now, but I lost my halo file. Now all of my nav lights on my planes look like big balloons. I have tried a number of different halo files and nothing has fixed the problem. What halo file are you guys using for FS? I did a search and saw that FSW did a halo file, but I cant find it on the site now.Thanks

try thesealternative_nav_lights.zipfrom the library

Guest Galant VR4

Thanks for the help Alex.

WOW!I searched under "Mark Poole" and found two files.airport_lighting_v2.zipand alternative_nav_lights.zipis simply spectacular...How come this secret was kept away from us for so long? :(I once came across a screenshot that had these lights and have been wondering ever since.. I thought, it must be some hotshot swanky video card or something..and I went and moved the slider under 'Hardware generated lighting..." or somehting like that in FS9, hoping that would do it. Doh!:)Oh well ... Better late then never. I found this.. this is nice. Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Guest Galant VR4

LOL Manny yeah I thought the same thing. How could I have missed out on these files? They look great in FS9 and are better than the ones I was originaly looking for.

Using Lights Environment myself (freeware, in the library). Plus xenon spot lights.Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

>Using Lights Environment myself (freeware, in the library).>Plus xenon spot lights.>>Cheers,>>N.N,Wait a minute... What is this xenon spot lights?Can you elaborate a bit?:)Manny

Manny

On FlightSim.com library;Name: xenon2.zip Size: 702,060 Date: 11-06-2004 Downloads: 12044FS2004 Xenon Landing Lights v2.0. Realistic xenon lights for FS2004, now in five grades of brightness. This texture pack adds a very realistic xenon light for all aircraft, offering a better and "adjustable" view of the runway or taxiway. This texture changes the default lights from FS2004 to modern xenon look. By Dirk Kurze. (Previous version had 13675 downloads.)Cheers,N.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Thanks N.Add that to my lights collection. ;)Manny

Manny

Thanks for that file, the only problem is, it makes everybody including the AI use the zeon lights.