Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FS Global Ultimate NG Download Version Released

It's not even a year since I upgraded to the latest version and paying some much money for what is basically a mesh upgrade is unjustifiable in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

Been flying over the 2010 mesh for many years and I got it going in P3D V4, maybe it is time for an update. Can anyone confirm if it is possible to download only certain sections at a time so that I can get the areas I fly over going first. I see no mention of that on the Pilots site.

Johan Pienaar

What's performance like with this in v4 please?

Corsair Obsidian 900D, ASUS Maximus XI Formula Motherboard, Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz (HT off), 32GB G-Skill Trident Z DDR4 @ 3200MHz, 2TB SeaGate FireCuda NVME SSD, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 2 x 6TB WD Black 7200rpm SATA, nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, ASUS ROG curved ultrawide 1440p monitor.  All water-cooled with EKWB blocks.

52 minutes ago, adyfoot said:

What's performance like with this in v4 please?

Performance on my system is great

7700k@4.9 HT/on GTX1080ti

The system that you've just built should have no issues. Sorry to hear about that 1080ti problem you had.

• Upvote 1

Floyd Stolle

www.stollco.com

22 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Airport plateaus is the number one reason I'm not reinstalling Global Mesh. While it is awesome to fly over all the fantastic terrain it's all quickly ruined when you see your airports sitting on hideous plateaus.

True, but the elevation correction tool in Orbx Vector (not yet v4 compatible) usually does a good job of eliminating the plateaus and sinkholes!

6 minutes ago, OneWhoKnocks53 said:

True, but the elevation correction tool in Orbx Vector (not yet v4 compatible) usually does a good job of eliminating the plateaus and sinkholes!

Pilot's also offers their own flattening tool, this is version 1; https://www.pilots.shop/Cms/Ui/Pages/Products/MainPage.aspx?id=d3fca479-6c4c-465b-bd75-97445878ae48

They released version 2 for this package which is included in the purchase. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

What are the differences between

• FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX DOWNLOAD

• FS Global 2018 FTX DOWNLOAD

Anybody know?

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

1 hour ago, OneWhoKnocks53 said:

Vector's AEC only corrects a small amount of the problem airports, it still leaves thousands of others. Same with the flattening tool from Pilots, it may be included now finally but that's still an incredible amount of work.

• Upvote 2

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

9 hours ago, pinepix62 said:

Been flying over the 2010 mesh for many years and I got it going in P3D V4, maybe it is time for an update. Can anyone confirm if it is possible to download only certain sections at a time so that I can get the areas I fly over going first. I see no mention of that on the Pilots site.

At least with Next Generation, you can (and must) download in sections (18 separate files actually).  The download size for each section was 4GB except for one section that was rougly 1-2GB.  I'm not sure how large 2018 is, but it may also require downloads in sections.

3 hours ago, Gordon Hutchison said:

What are the differences between

• FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX DOWNLOAD

• FS Global 2018 FTX DOWNLOAD

Anybody know?

That's easy...Ultimate can render to LOD15

FTX-2018 can render max, to LOD 12. That's about it...

Right now, The Flight Store shows a $30.00 premium for the Ultimate over FTX-2018. So right now, you will pay $10.00 AUD more, per LOD factor over LOD 12 of the 2018 version.

I have FS Global 2010 FTX and wonder if it it worth it to pay for the 2018 version?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

18 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

I have FS Global 2010 FTX and wonder if it it worth it to pay for the 2018 version?

I just made this topic yesterday and purchased NG after that. Some information might be helpful to you

Cheers,

Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Great - thanks Hoang!  For now, I'm staying with the 2010 version until I see some more comparisons.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

LOD  1 =  19520m
LOD  2 =    9760m
LOD  3 =    4880m
LOD  4 =    2440m       
LOD  5  =   1220m
lod 6 612m
lod 7 306m
lod 8 153m?
lod 9 76m
lod 10 38m
lod 11 19m
lod 12 9.6m
lod 13 5m
lod 14 2m
lod 15 1.19m

I'm installing North America to v3 at the moment.  I'll do v4 as well.  Will report soon.