Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FS Global Ultimate NG Download Version Released

Thanks for the screen shots you help me make my decision. No need for a upgrade right now.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

FreeMeshX + TopoSim payware for Alaska and Hawaii is on my setup and has saved me money for almost identical quality. TopoSim is having a 50% off sale now and FreeMeshX just released America closed beta.

• Upvote 2

Can someone with FSG NGU oder FS Global 2010 try Phuket Intl. airport? Is the elevation for you incorrect as well? I tried with their AFM tool but its getting worse when I using it. Weird is, even when I disable FSG NGU the elevation is still wrong.

does the AFM2 tool included in NG work with the old Ultimate? can it be downloaded anywhere? 

the price of almost $100 is absurd imho....even more expensive than orbx ftx, but make minimal visual differences. i'd rather stick with the old ultimate. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/18/2017 at 11:04 PM, jayren said:

the price of almost $100 is absurd imho....even more expensive than orbx ftx, but make minimal visual differences. i'd rather stick with the old ultimate. 

Minimal differences from default yeah but not from a mesh, was confusing if this is what you meant. World mesh is important, if you have the money then Global Ultimate NG is the way to go, I am on a budget with all the expensive addons and move up to P3D v4 so I went freemeshX and Toposim Alaska/Hawaii for full world coverage almost as high resolution as Global Ultimate.

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

Minimal differences from default yeah but not from a mesh, was confusing if this is what you meant. World mesh is important, if you have the money then Global Ultimate NG is the way to go, I am on a budget with all the expensive addons and move up to P3D v4 so I went freemeshX and Toposim Alaska/Hawaii for full world coverage almost as high resolution as Global Ultimate.

Are you happy with the FMX USA? 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Any chance someone could post a shot of a short final on KVJI before and after using the flattening tool? I'd like to see how well the flattening tool works...

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Does the AFM2 flattening tool work automatically like AEC does in Vector?

Or do you have to apply AFM2 to each airport, one by one?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

3 hours ago, JeffB said:

Does the AFM2 flattening tool work automatically like AEC does in Vector?

Or do you have to apply AFM2 to each airport, one by one?

One by one. The AFM2 tool is a bit more elaborate and tends to do a better job of evening out the terrain mesh surrounding the airport. AEC is good enough for small airports.

1 hour ago, jabloomf1230 said:

One by one. The AFM2 tool is a bit more elaborate and tends to do a better job of evening out the terrain mesh surrounding the airport. AEC is good enough for small airports.

Good to know

Thanks!

Any chance someone could post a shot of a short final on KVJI before and after using the flattening tool? I'd like to see how well the flattening tool works...

Sure Jeff! Here you go:

Christoph

1mqs5o.jpg
2r9stu.jpg
3qbsah.jpg

• Upvote 2

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

Excellent example of the algorithm used by AFM2, Christoph.

Thanks Christoph

That really does show that AFM2 does a great job!