Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

FS Global Ultimate NG Download Version Released

8 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

sorry! I think I am going to buy it on the sale before the middle of next month. Unless freemeshx America is released before.

I just couldn't wait.  

6 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

Which is the most prevalent LOD around the world on this release, do you know?. Appreciate feedback.

Thanks

LOD 10 & 11. In the US you will see LOD 12 (10 meters). Most of the default FSX non-USA was LOD 10 (76 meters).

John
My first SIM was a Link Trainer. My last was a T-6 II
AMD Ryzen 7 7800 X3D@ 5.1 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 RAM - 3 M2 Drives. 1 TB Boot, 2 TB Sim drive, 2 TB Add-on Drive, 6TB Backup data hard drive
RTX 3080 10GB VRAM, Meta Quest 3 VR Headset

Still one question, must you download the entire 73 GB data set in order to install Ultimate NG or is it possible to download and install selected areas and expand coverage as required.

Johan Pienaar

1 minute ago, pinepix62 said:

Still one question, must you download the entire 73 GB data set in order to install Ultimate NG or is it possible to download and install selected areas and expand coverage as required.

Well, the download spans 18 4GB files and there is no way to pick them apart.  So yeah, you'd have to download all of them.  You can select what you want to install. So far I've only installed North America, at about 30GB.

31 minutes ago, denali said:

Well, the download spans 18 4GB files and there is no way to pick them apart.  So yeah, you'd have to download all of them.  You can select what you want to install. So far I've only installed North America, at about 30GB.

Thanks for the feedback. Will have to prepare for a long download I guess.

• Upvote 1

Johan Pienaar

It took me 13 hours to download all of them.For some reason, the server restricted the download speed. My Internet connection can download up to 7MB/s but I only could download FSGlobal NG around 1MB/s, so I tried to download 5-6 files at a time, each has the same speed around 1MB/s. I only found out later when I almost finish downloading (was downloading single file most of the time), or else it could be much faster.

I'm using IDM and live in the US.
Cheers,
Hoang Le

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

5 hours ago, jmig said:

LOD 10 & 11. In the US you will see LOD 12 (10 meters). Most of the default FSX non-USA was LOD 10 (76 meters).

Thank you for the information. I have FS Global Ultimate Next Generation, and have FTX Global and Vectors and other Orbx sceneries on P3Dv4, This package allegedly already contains high res mesh, so do I need to upgrade?. 

Regards

51 minutes ago, ideoplastic said:

Thank you for the information. I have FS Global Ultimate Next Generation, and have FTX Global and Vectors and other Orbx sceneries on P3Dv4, This package allegedly already contains high res mesh, so do I need to upgrade?. 

Regards

If you have FS Global Ultimate Next Generation, this is Exactly the same, only downloadable version.  The 2018 version is smaller, with less detail.  You have the best with FSU NG.

Could someone please explain if there is any noticeable difference between "FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation" and "FS Global Ultimate - Next Generation FTX"?

According to the description on the sales webpage it appears the FTX version has some new data from 2017, but other than that they appear to be very similar (although I imagine the FTX version has P3D v4 installers). Can anyone confirm?

Unless there's a fatal flaw in doing so, I'm probably going to buy the non-FTX one and install in P3D v4 manually.

Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

3 hours ago, denali said:

If you have FS Global Ultimate Next Generation, this is Exactly the same, only downloadable version.  The 2018 version is smaller, with less detail.  You have the best with FSU NG.

Thank you Denali, you've cleared my doubts.

Regards

Well updated data from 2017 will improve nothing since mountains dont change every 10 years or so. They look like that already couple MILLION of years ;)

I flew around Africa today and can tell they definitly improved Africa a lot! I flew from Dubai to Nairobi and the mountains there especially over Somali looking awesome now. I took some screens:

http://imgur.com/a/QEXQa

9 minutes ago, Nytro said:

Well updated data from 2017 will improve nothing since mountains dont change every 10 years or so. They look like that already couple MILLION of years ;)

I flew around Africa today and can tell they definitly improved Africa a lot! I flew from Dubai to Nairobi and the mountains there especially over Somali looking awesome now. I took some screens:

http://imgur.com/a/QEXQa

Mountains might not change, but the LOD for a region might!

The "improved Africa", which product are you comparing it to?

Thanks.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Im comparing to FS Global 2010 while Im now using the latest so called "FS Global Ultimate NextGen FTX" with the improved Africa.. (maybe)  :P

Normally someone have to fly now with FS Global 2010 over the same area and take some screens hehe. I dont have it anymore.

3 hours ago, ideoplastic said:

Thank you Denali, you've cleared my doubts.

Regards

I'm not sure that I cleared mine.  Note the few comments above.  Maybe there is a difference with the disk version and the download?