Sign in to follow this  
Malcolm Wright

Price of Prepar3D

I watch with interest the diferent variations in Prepar3D over the last years. As someone who is stuck in FSX - and doesn't have the cash to update - perhaps someone could indicate the cost of each update and the total amount that you have paid since Prepar3d came along.

Cheers

Malcolm Wright

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Edited spelling of title correct the word Price

Google is your friend. 

http://prepar3d.com/prepar3d-store/

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

Thats just the cost of p3d..You will have to consider your add-on's cost too along with it since you are on FSX..Or you could slowly build it up over time.

Many vendors/developers are providing free upgrades for P3Dv2, 3, & 4. Some few are charging a modest additional cost, especially for v4. A very few are charging full price since they consider it a totally new platform, and because they have to recoup the costs of 64bit updates to their dynamic link libraries (gauge and systems files).

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

15 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Many vendors/developers are providing free upgrades for P3Dv2, 3, & 4. Some few are charging a modest additional cost, especially for v4. A very few are charging full price since they consider it a totally new platform, and because they have to recoup the costs of 64bit updates to their dynamic link libraries (gauge and systems files).

But if you are on FSX you have to pay to get into the game from many developers. 

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

I've actually only ever bought two P3D add-ons, and these for the express purpose of using them in the most recent version, these being the Virtualcol CRJ and the upgrade of the iFly 737 from the FSX version, so all told I know exactly how much I've spent on add-ons for P3D, and it is 45 quid. If I added up the ones I've bought for FSX which will end up with a P3D V4 installer though, not that I bought them specifically for that, I'm sure it would end up being a lot more though. 

As it stands, P3d has some very usable default aeroplanes though, many of which were payware and some of which I did buy as that, but you get them 'for free' in P3D, so though they may be default aeroplanes, they are quite nice. In particular, some of the GA aeroplanes were/are Carenado, the old prop liner Constellation and Electra were Just Flight and the Blackhawk chopper is a Virtavia one.

Thus you don't have to buy anything else in P3D to have some nice aeroplanes.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Not to make lite of the topic but there are somethings I don't want to know, and how much I have spent on flight sim over the years is one of them. It's my hobby and escape for a few hours a week. If I put a monetary cost to it I'd probably stop out of guilt.

Another way of answering your question is small steps just like we did if fsx, everything doesn't have to be bought at once, just because it's available for P3D

• Upvote 2

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

4 minutes ago, stephenbgs said:

Another way of answering your question is small steps just like we did if fsx, everything doesn't have to be bought at once, just because it's available for P3D

This logic doesn't seem to apply quite right to the majority of the folks moving on to v4.  

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I just moved over to P3D and v4 is the first version of P3D I have ever used. I currently have over 15 add-on airports and 2 add-on aircraft installed into the sim. I have only had to pay for one of the add-ons so far. It was expensive but overall I haven't had to spend the amount of money I thought it would cost to move from FSX to a new sim.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

Your mileage varies.  You need to look at what add-ons you like to continue buying for P3D and then add them up yourself.  Going from FSX to P3Dv4 is cheaper than many of us who have bought add-on for P3Dv3 already and will have to pay extra to get v4 version.  In all, if you are a PMDG fan, like AS, FS2Crew, Flight1 GTN, Ultimate Terrain etc., expect to pay close to a 1000 when all is said and done, which includes the P3D license.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

11 hours ago, Chock said:

Thus you don't have to buy anything else in P3D to have some nice aeroplanes.

yes a wise statement,I have spent more than a few quid on ad-dons that get used once or twice and then forgotten for one reason or other,a flight of fancy maybe

Peter

• Upvote 1