Sign in to follow this  
BrzI

Question for display gurus...

Ok folks - here is my screenshot :http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141171.jpgMy problem is the fact that the nearest squares of scenery to my aircraft are brighter and sharper than the ones further away. This moves with my aircraft. It happens no matter what kind of scenery complexity I use.What settings in FS9.cfg should I play with to enlarge the circle round my aircraft where the textures are drawn sharp and bright ?btw..got an ATI X850XT 256MB and HT 3.35 CPU with 2GB RAM. Horsepower is not an issue as I have the same problem in default scenery with no add-ons.fwiw here is an excerpt from my FS9.cfg file :/GRAPHICS/FULL_SCREEN=1PERFORMANCE_MODE=0DEF_PERF_MODE=7TEXT_SCROLL=1AUTO_LOD=0DETAIL_TEXTURE=2WATER_EFFECTS=1TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_MAP=1TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS=0EFFECTS_QUALITY=2GROUND_SHADOWS=0SMOOTH_VIEW=1IMAGE_SMOOTHING=1TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD=1024COCKPIT_HIGH_LOD=1AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS=1LANDING_LIGHTS=1IMAGE_QUALITY=0TEXTURE_BLDG=1TEXTURE_GND=1TEXTURE_WATER=1AIRCRAFT_TEXTURE=2SEE_SELF=1TEXTURE_QUALITY=3LOD_TARGET_FPS=15NUM_LIGHTS=6/DISPLAY.Device.RADEON X850 Series .0/Mode=1600x1200x32MipBias=5/DISPLAY/UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=44TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=800TextureAGP=0 PanelAsTexture=0 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_SURFACE_SCALAR=0.4 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_VASI_SCALAR=0.4RUNWAY_LIGHTS_APPROACH_SCALAR=0.4 RUNWAY_LIGHTS_STROBE_SCALAR=0.4 /TERRAIN/TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=20.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=140.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=4TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.900000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=32/SCENERY/IMAGE_COMPLEXITY=5DYNAMIC_SCENERY=1DYN_SCN_DENSITY=5DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING=1SUNGLARE=0LENSFLARE=1Using AAx4 and AAFx8 in 3D card settings (Catalyst control centre)Thanks for any tips.

Guest Jagndeke

I have the same problem. Seemed to become more prevalent after I loaded the reality textures and I've also been trying to figure out which settings in the config might get rid of it.

One thing I have figured out so far...The further away your waypoint is from your aircraft in spot view the worse it gets. Guess this makes sense in a way.Hope somebody will come up with a hint or two :-)Thanks

Guest Galant VR4

I had that problem with the RealityXP textures. I deleted them and went back to the sock FS9 textures and it got rid of the problem.

Tried changing FPS lock . . . no luck.Uninstalled Reality XP textures. Problem is still there - you just have to look a bit harder. The reality XP textures just make it more obvious.Anybody else folks ?

Hi all,what seems to be responsible is the detail1.bmp file which you will find in your fs9/scenery/world/texture folder. This file holds the ground detail (i.e. grass) and also contrast of all ground textures as it is superimposed on the other textures. FS only applies this effect to a limited number of tiles around your position so this effect will become visible at altitude.You will clearly see the effect this file has if you fly at an altitude of about 5000 feet and set the slider of land detail to none (as opposed to land only or land sea). The effect of tiles lighting up as you approach them will be gone. Put your slider to land only and you will have this effect!Unfortunately you will then also have no ground detail! The effect is more pronounced with reality pack textures because I have tweaked the detail1.bmp to look more like real sunlight and to improve contrast of ground textures. You might want to check out the alternative detail1.bmp included in the realdetail/weak folder; this file has a lesser effect, but still a bit more than default. If you want keep RP textures but don't like this effect, just open the FS9 installation Disk 4 using the Explorer, there you will find the fs9/scenery/world/texture folder. Extract the detail1.bmp file from there to your equivalent FS9 installation folder. (see cab.txt file included in reality pack for complete cab list).I don't think you can get rid of this effect except by further reducing the contrast of the detail1.bmp file; however this will also make everything look "flat" and your scenery will not have an illusion of depth.Hope this helps!Sascha

Guest JeanLuc_

you meant Reality Pack isn't it?Reality XP is: www.reality-xp.com :-)Hope this helps!

Guest Galant VR4

Thanks for explaining that Sascha. I will install your textures again and try the weak textures. Great work by the way!

Thanks Sascha. You da mon !!!

Glad to help! I will soon upload a 'FirstFix' file for RealityPack 1.2 which adresses some issues which different users noticed, especially some tiling effects and too green meadows in some parts of Europe. Thank you all for the great response on that release!Soon to come: replacement city textures.Take care all,Sascha

Guest Jagndeke

>Glad to help! I will soon upload a 'FirstFix' file for>RealityPack 1.2 which adresses some issues which different>users noticed, especially some tiling effects and too green>meadows in some parts of Europe. Thank you all for the great>response on that release!>>Soon to come: replacement city textures.>>Take care all,>SaschaThat took care of my problem as well. I deleted all texture files (main and sceneryworldtexture) then reinstalled stock textures then reinstalled the parts of reality pack and a few other textures that I like. Actually it was a good exersise. Cleaned out a lot of crap from over the past half year or so that I installed and forgot about and now I have a pretty clean install with only the textures I want. Runs smooth as silk now.Thanks.Jag

What I have noticed is that the effect is hardly noticeable in 2D or VC view but is much more visible in spot view.Anybody know why ? That might leads us towards the right solution.I reinstalled the Reality Pack files but left the default detail1.bmp.This is an acceptable compromise. I am curious to see what Sascha will come up with.