Sign in to follow this  
jimble

Co Pilot stops responding

Hi,

I am really enjoying using MCE, works great for the Q400, but have a little problem with the Aerosoft A318 through  to A321. Sometimes on approach the co pilot just goes to sleep, the spoken command is shown in red at the top of the screen, but no response from FO. Always happens on approach.

Thanks.

I have discovered that disconnecting MCE and then reconnecting it starts it working again. No idea what causes it to stop responding during the approach phase.

On ‎09‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 0:56 AM, jimble said:

I have discovered that disconnecting MCE and then reconnecting it starts it working again. No idea what causes it to stop responding during the approach phase.

Can you remember what you said on approach that caused the FO to ignore you?

If it always happens at the same flight phase, it could be liked to a specific command.

Thanks for the reply.

I couldn't swear to it, but i think it's 'approach check list' when i realize he's gone to sleep. As i said, the command is shown in red at the top of the screen and if i disconnect, ans reconnect, he responds again.

OK, suggest you check the aircraft specific checklist assigned by MCE has a section with title "approach".

It's those checklist headers that determine the trigger sentence. They may vary slightly from one aircraft to the other.

You can of course change that if you want to use the same sentence to call on the checklists.

What aircraft? What checklist file (as indicated in MCE panel, <Checklist> tab?

Ok, i'm beat. Have tried just about everything but that co pilot insists on disengaging with the Aerosoft Airbus. I thought it was a specific part of the flight but it actually happens any time. I have to shut down MCE and then restart it and then he never goes to sleep again....it doesn't make any sense!

10 minutes ago, jimble said:

Ok, i'm beat. Have tried just about everything but that co pilot insists on disengaging with the Aerosoft Airbus. I thought it was a specific part of the flight but it actually happens any time. I have to shut down MCE and then restart it and then he never goes to sleep again....it doesn't make any sense!

Is it with MCE Ultimate Edition, or the Aerosoft licensed package?

If it's the Ultimate, suggest you update to the very latest uploaded today, and available here

And we'll take things from there.

You know what, just completed Airbus A319 Aerosoft flight with out copilot going to sleep. Made sure that the verbose was on for all flows and procedures..will continue to monitor and keep you informed.

Thanks.

Appears to be problem solved. The verbose has to be on for Airbus flows. Three successful flight without FO going to sleep.

Nice you got it working now, but I can report that I run flows for the Aerosoft Buses with verbose off without problems. 

Thanks for the heads up RALF. Yes it is a little odd, as i can run the planes with verbose off. Must be a little idiosyncrasy of my comp. Will test further at a later date.