Sign in to follow this  
hamadah_ali

Aircrafts sink below runway level in flytampa amsterdam FSX

I had aerosoft schiphol and recorded some landings with FsRecorder and saved them

Now I uninstalled Aerosoft schiphol and used Flytampa Amsterdam but there is the problem of runway elevation, when I run playback in FsRecorder, the aircraft touches the begining of the runway normally but then sinks below the level

I have FSX SP2 , steve dx10 fixer

I have in top of my scenery libraries  : 1-Flytampa-amsterdam  -    2-Flytampa amsterdam_LC

I have in my scenery\world\scenery , the file: AFX_EHAM_flytampa_dummy.bgl

Is there a way to manipulate the runway elevation in flytampa Amsterdam to be the same as it was in aerosoft Schiphol ?

sunken.jpg

13 hours ago, hamadah_ali said:

Now I uninstalled Aerosoft schiphol and used Flytampa Amsterdam but there is the problem of runway elevation

This is often a result of having two different BGL files for the same airport.  My guess is that either the uninstall of the Aerosoft Schiphol did not uninstall off of its files or the Flytampa Amsterdam installation did not correctly install all of its files.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I've removed .bgl files for Aerosoft from its installed folder.

removed  eurowest area, area 0601 from scenery folder.

These are all .bgl filed related to Amsterdam I could find in FSX folder

Additionally, I disabled these areas in scenery libraries menu, but the problem was not resolved.

update :

I tried ADE - modified Flytampa Amsterdam airport's elevation to be the same as Aerosoft's elevation and the .bgl file was compiled successfully with no errors

I tried the same using Fsx planner

both didn't work !

Put flytampa Amsterdam at the top of scenery within FSX.  If it works you can step it down until it doesn't.

Regards

Thanx a lot, Mudhendriver

I figured out that the problem occurs only when playing back my recorded flights in which I was using Aerosoft scenery that designed the airport at a lower elevation than Flytampa did, consequently, in the recorded flights -the aircrafts touch the ground of Aerosoft's airport which lies at a lower lelevation, and appears to sink down below Flytampa's airport

I use FsRecorder for playback

Any ideas how to fix this elevation problem

On ‎8‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 9:31 AM, hamadah_ali said:

I've removed .bgl files for Aerosoft from its installed folder.

removed  eurowest area, area 0601 from scenery folder.

These are all .bgl filed related to Amsterdam I could find in FSX folder

Additionally, I disabled these areas in scenery libraries menu, but the problem was not resolved.

removed EURW area, removed area 0601 from scenery folder??? these  folders may not be deleted, they contain the data on a big area ( this one most of northern Europe ) and a whole lot of default airports in that area and all landmark buildings from every west European city( probably you only have EHAM and no other airport in Holland or Belgium any more).

Start with putting the FSX CD's back in your system and do a full repair first, then check the scenery/world/scenery folder for any EHAM entrance and delete that.

If you have ORBX Vector then do a search for EHAM there (AEC tool ) and enable or disable it there. Maybe you might have a left over from Aerosoft's EHAM named .....ALT.bgl somewhere, delete that to. It looks like you didn't uninstall the aerosoft's version in the proper way.

Herman

On ١٩‏/٧‏/٢٠١٧ at 3:40 PM, electricman said:

removed EURW area, removed area 0601 from scenery folder??? these  folders may not be deleted, they contain the data on a big area ( this one most of northern Europe ) and a whole lot of default airports in that area and all landmark buildings from every west European city( probably you only have EHAM and no other airport in Holland or Belgium any more).

Start with putting the FSX CD's back in your system and do a full repair first, then check the scenery/world/scenery folder for any EHAM entrance and delete that.

If you have ORBX Vector then do a search for EHAM there (AEC tool ) and enable or disable it there. Maybe you might have a left over from Aerosoft's EHAM named .....ALT.bgl somewhere, delete that to. It looks like you didn't uninstall the aerosoft's version in the proper way.

Herman

I had backup for these scenery folders so I easily restore them back on need.

I don't have ORBX Vector.

I searched for ALT.bgl files in FSX folder and didn't find one for EHAM.

You have to restore them, they also contain the default altitude data. If you uninstall scenery you first look for a uninstall.exe, if that is not present then you look in control panel/program and parts and see if it is in the list and uninstall it from there ( I believe Aerosoft stuff can be uninstalled that way ) and if not there then you first go to FSX scenery library, untick the scenery you want to uninstall and click okay to let the scenery.cfg rebuild itself, then open the scenery library again and click the scenery and then the delete button. If FSX says you can't uncheck or delete a scenery library entrie, then leave it alone !!! this means it is part of the core of the program and needed to let FSX run well, don't go looking for the folder and delete that !!.

Then do you have any ORBX stuff? if so let me know and I can help you some further.

Herman

Rename the AFX_EHAM_flytampa_dummy.bgl into AFX_EHAM_flytampa.bgl  to and just record all flights what you want again, I don't think payware add on will let you change the altitude ( copyright protected ) and since it was recorded with a different altitude, then that is what FSX will use for play back.

Herman

On ٢٠‏/٧‏/٢٠١٧ at 7:48 PM, electricman said:

You have to restore them, they also contain the default altitude data. If you uninstall scenery you first look for a uninstall.exe, if that is not present then you look in control panel/program and parts and see if it is in the list and uninstall it from there ( I believe Aerosoft stuff can be uninstalled that way ) and if not there then you first go to FSX scenery library, untick the scenery you want to uninstall and click okay to let the scenery.cfg rebuild itself, then open the scenery library again and click the scenery and then the delete button. If FSX says you can't uncheck or delete a scenery library entrie, then leave it alone !!! this means it is part of the core of the program and needed to let FSX run well, don't go looking for the folder and delete that !!.

Then do you have any ORBX stuff? if so let me know and I can help you some further.

Herman

Thanx for your patience, Herman

I think I had no problem with aerosoft uninstall - I searched for any undeleted parts in control panel but found nothing

I restored everything back but didn't solve the problem

I don't have any ORBX stuff

On ٢٠‏/٧‏/٢٠١٧ at 8:00 PM, electricman said:

Rename the AFX_EHAM_flytampa_dummy.bgl into AFX_EHAM_flytampa.bgl  to and just record all flights what you want again

I renamed this file with the new elevation set to aerosoft's elevation (which is the same as stock airport's elevation : -3.352 ft) but nothin changed

On ٢٠‏/٧‏/٢٠١٧ at 8:00 PM, electricman said:

I don't think payware add on will let you change the altitude ( copyright protected ) and since it was recorded with a different altitude, then that is what FSX will use for play back.

Herman

Are you sure of this ? - if this is the issue, I will stop trying to change elevation and startup fresh with Flytampa scenery

Thanx, Herman

EHAM stock airport elevation is -10.997 ft. I have EBBR from aerosoft and tried changing the altitude from that to with no luck, I even lost most of the aerosoft's scenery ( airport buildings, jetways etc ) so I gave up on it and learned to live with the fact that it is on a small plateau.

Best to record again with the Fly Tampa software.

Herman

you're right, I think the flytampa designers made it impossible to change their design, so I'll give up too :(

Regards, Herman

Move the "AFX_EHAM_flytampa_dummy.bgl" file from World/scenery folder to Base/scenery folder.

Panos Georgotas