Sign in to follow this  
Dannyboy_1

FsSteam to Prepare3D V4

I’m not sure if this has been answered before forgive me if it has I’m old .

I just moved over to Prepare3d V4 at long last from FsSteam.

Bought Pmdg 737-800 /900-Ngx and 747-400 Queen of the skys can I transfer them over to Prepare3d V4 and use my code or do I have to buy them all over again.

Thanks for your time

Jack

New purchase 

ZORAN

3 minutes ago, Dannyboy_1 said:

I’m not sure if this has been answered before forgive me if it has I’m old .

I just moved over to Prepare3d V4 at long last from FsSteam.

Bought Pmdg 737-800 /900-Ngx and 747-400 Queen of the skys can I transfer them over to Prepare3d V4 and use my code or do I have to buy them all over again.

Thanks for your time

Jack

Try reading the product page.

Full names required in forums.

This question feels like it has been asked two or three times a day for the last year and a half since v3 came out. Doesn't anyone use the search function?

1 hour ago, doylie22 said:

This question feels like it has been asked two or three times a day for the last year and a half since v3 came out. Doesn't anyone use the search function?

As much as we accept new people in the forums, It gets quite tiring to see the same question every single day. Even ones that were discussed ages ago (Literally).

Jack

Welcome to the forum, Please be advised that PMDG requires that you sign your full name in your Posts as said on this one

Sorry forgot to read ref: full name on the forum.

I’m sorry everyone is not as techy as you this is the reason I don’t use the forum that much. As I tried to find out by searching the forum but I guess I was not entering the proper phrase as nothing would come close to answering my search.

Thanks for your time anyway.

Jack Nicholl

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Try reading the product page.

Chris: Not helpful and rude  ... as usual. 

3 hours ago, Dannyboy_1 said:

Sorry forgot to read ref: full name on the forum.

I’m sorry everyone is not as techy as you this is the reason I don’t use the forum that much. As I tried to find out by searching the forum but I guess I was not entering the proper phrase as nothing would come close to answering my search.

Thanks for your time anyway.

Jack Nicholl

Jack - It's an expensive transition, but well worth it in the end. 
Somewhere in the forum is a pretty long explanation of why PMDG chose not to have a license transfer from FSX to P3D if you're curious about the details.

The short answer is no - you can't transfer.  Good luck and welcome to P3D.

• Upvote 4

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

While I have somewhat indefinite tolerance toward ignorance of new people - after all, haven't we all been new into something at some point in our lives, complaining about a business decisions of a private enterprise is quite annoying, coming from people who already know all the answers.

If you don't like PMDG employees getting their salaries on an ongoing basis, feel free to not pay them a dime. If you feel otherwise, you will possibly begin to understand why their pricing is the way it is. Vote with your wallet. I do it all the time, by making sure I reward hard work of people whose products I appreciate.

In fact, I was rather disappointed PMDG did not want any of my money for v4 upgrade. I was really ready to purchase upgrades.

that's terrible Marko,  sorry to hear about that.  :sad:   but hey, brighten up, you can still purchase any fs2crew stuff you might own again at full price if you want!

Shawn Gray

• Upvote 2

Which I happilly did. Even though, in my case, it was the very first purchase.

3 hours ago, icemarkom said:

In fact, I was rather disappointed PMDG did not want any of my money for v4 upgrade. I was really ready to purchase upgrades.

Marko, PMDG did factor in the cost and added it to the price of their products used in Prepar3D v3, it was mentioned by Robert himself some time ago.  In any event, I do not mind paying for a great sim.

\Robert Hamlich/

1 hour ago, Gerardius said:

There is no need to be so unpleasant...

Some people here are in such a rush to enforce Rule 1 as a self employed moderator that they forget the second rule of making all posts both civil and polite.

Try not to let them spoil your enjoyment of the forum - best to just ignore them when it happens, and don't let them put you off asking questions when you're not sure on something.  Hopefully one day they'll add a block button to the forum.

If there's a problem, then the real moderators will come in and do the moderating - Kyle and co are pretty quick to respond to things when they're needed. :)

• Upvote 2

Mark Fox

I apologize for bringing the EULA up.