Sign in to follow this  
Mark Niebauer

ATC Not working in Prepar3d with PMDG

After updating to the new Prepard3d V4 and the New PMDG 222-200  or using the PMDG 747  The ATC stopped working. I am using GSX with v4 updates.  THe ATC window comes up but not functioning. . .ANy ideas out there?

You need to turn on the microphone on the pedestal. If you can't find the location of the button, check the manual.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I am having a similar problem, but what happens is that ATC simply stops functioning. The screen is there, with a message "no messages to send to XXXX" or "no messages to send to anyone", without any other option.

That happens only with PMDG 777 and 737 NGX. 

Is there way to reset only the the ATC engine only, to try to fix that during flight ?

Thanks for your help

32 minutes ago, Gilson said:

I am having a similar problem, but what happens is that ATC simply stops functioning. The screen is there, with a message "no messages to send to XXXX" or "no messages to send to anyone", without any other option.

That happens only with PMDG 777 and 737 NGX. 

Is there way to reset only the the ATC engine only, to try to fix that during flight ?

Thanks for your help

Same here. 

I've also encountered the "no messages to send to XXXX" problem with the NGX, but was able to work around it by clearing the flight plan from P3D's Flight Planner and reloading it.

Great advice ! At least for the first flight after clearing the flight plan and loaded again, it worked perfectly.

Maybe it´s time for PMDG to fix that.

Many thanks.

I have the same problem with PMDG 747 and 737 and the default ATC. After the IFR read back (i.e. when the squawk code is meant to be auto set) , there are no more options for any ATC interaction. Other AI seem to continue interacting with ATC. Furthermore, the squawk code fails to auto set as it used to. I have tried clearing and reloading the flight plan with no success. Has anyone raised this issue with PMDG? If not, I will do so. 

Rhett Kelly

Order Number: FSS0274286 (SteveFX's DX10 Scenery Fixer)

PC Specs: Intel i7 Haswell 4770K 3.4Ghz O/C to 4.3GHz CPU, GTX 780 3GB 256bit O/C, 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM, Windows 8.1 FSX:SE DX10