Sign in to follow this  
virtualflying

Windows 10 AntiVirus

Hi all,

Lately Chrome has been acting strange; slow on startup (even though it's running in the tray) and very sluggish. I decided to download Malwarebytes and see what the issue was. I now get random reports of "Website Blocked: Outbound Connection of server1.westmodelworldtodaynow.com:55050". So obviously I have something downloaded, that I do not want. 

I have run Malwarebytes pro, AVG free, and Avira AntiVirus, and nothing has caught this issue. Anyone got a good (free) decent antivirus?

I use eset online scanner about once a month just to get another opinion. 

I tried a Google search on the web address you referenced and Malwarebytes blocked it.  

blaustern

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

4 minutes ago, Bluestar said:

I use eset online scanner about once a month just to get another opinion. 

I tried a Google search on the web address you referenced and Malwarebytes blocked it.  

blaustern

Yes, Malwarebytes blocks it, but doesn't remove it. It just randomly tries to connect to that website slowing down Chrome.

My 2 cents.

Sure, paid versions of Malwarebytes and AV offer a bit more protection. But at a cost to performance. I had to turn so many features off in MB that it wasn't worth the cost of owning it. That and paid AV spend so much time checking everything that goes in and out of a computer that it can slow to a crawl. Not a bad thing if you've got the time, I guess. W10 should start up or shut down in a moment or so. Then there are Windows updates. I know some folks have problems with them breaking something. I've never had that happen. Most of them are security updates. I want those.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

3 hours ago, bobbyjack said:

Sure, paid versions of Malwarebytes and AV offer a bit more protection. But at a cost to performance.

It must be system dependent then. I have Malwarebytes (Premium) with all options enabled which I run with Bitdefender and see no noticeable performance hit in FSX with both running in the background.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit