Sign in to follow this  
Stephane Leduc

P3D v4 Doesent Start

Hi everyone !

I just bought P3D v4 Academic, and i have to say that im quite desperate by now.... i tried everything i could find in the internet. the problem ist that whenever i start P3D the loading screen appears, and after a couple of seconds it just dissapears. I can see P3D.exe running in the Task manager for the same amount of time as i can see the P3D loading screen. I just reinstalled it but no change so far. 

this is my Event viewer Log:

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7255
Faulting module name: api.dll, version: 4.0.28.21686, time stamp: 0x594a7300
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000155d1
Faulting process id: 0x1b78
Faulting application start time: 0x01d2f6eb9df5b3ff
Faulting application path: D:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\api.dll
Report Id: 00e199d7-a5a4-4217-aafb-213d1d88d04e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

My System:

Nvidia GTX1070,Intel I7 6700HQ, 16GB RAM, Win 10 64bit

thanks in advance and greetings from switzerland

Stephane

The api.dll is the thing that makes P3Dv4 startup and load.  In the 32-bit versions of P3D, it meant you ran out of memory but that is impossible if you have V4.  So, what I suspect is your virtual memory or page file.  Hopefully you left it at System Managed Size and you did not make it larger or smaller and some try to do.  Of course, you may have a tweak in your P3DV4 that is not compatible so it does not allow P3D to even startup.  In any case, you have a major problem that cannot be fixed without doing a lot of investigating.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 10, it shows you how to rename the P3D.cfg, scenery.cfg, the two dll.xml's (if you have any commercial add-ons), restarting P3D to see if this fixed the problem.  P3D will rebuild the p3d.cfg, scenery.cfg, and the default dll.xml when you restart P3D.  It should restart.  If it does then you need to find out what was in the dll.xml that wiped out your system memory.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Any chance you have multiple USB devices installed?  Unplug them and try with just the keyboard and mouse.  If that works then there is a setting in the menu you need to check.  I think its Other - Input Method - Direct Input.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

2 hours ago, Jim Young said:

The api.dll is the thing that makes P3Dv4 startup and load.  In the 32-bit versions of P3D, it meant you ran out of memory but that is impossible if you have V4.  So, what I suspect is your virtual memory or page file.  Hopefully you left it at System Managed Size and you did not make it larger or smaller and some try to do.  Of course, you may have a tweak in your P3DV4 that is not compatible so it does not allow P3D to even startup.  In any case, you have a major problem that cannot be fixed without doing a lot of investigating.  In the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 10, it shows you how to rename the P3D.cfg, scenery.cfg, the two dll.xml's (if you have any commercial add-ons), restarting P3D to see if this fixed the problem.  P3D will rebuild the p3d.cfg, scenery.cfg, and the default dll.xml when you restart P3D.  It should restart.  If it does then you need to find out what was in the dll.xml that wiped out your system memory.

Best regards,

Jim

Thanks alot for your help guys. I really treid everything there is, and by everything i mean everything. this problem is so frustrating and i had to give up on it. I have X-Plane 11 and i dont really like it other than the graphics, and i tought P3D v4 would be the perfect mixture of X-plane and FSX SE but unfortunatly it doesent seam like its meant to be... i requested a refund and will get back to FSX SE. One questiun though: Do you think i should try and buy P3D V3 (Now that i have my Money back) or is the diffrence to FSX to small that it would make any sense ? 

thanks alot ! 

Stephane

20 hours ago, Stephane Leduc said:

Thanks alot for your help guys. I really treid everything there is, and by everything i mean everything. this problem is so frustrating and i had to give up on it. I have X-Plane 11 and i dont really like it other than the graphics, and i tought P3D v4 would be the perfect mixture of X-plane and FSX SE but unfortunatly it doesent seam like its meant to be... i requested a refund and will get back to FSX SE. One questiun though: Do you think i should try and buy P3D V3 (Now that i have my Money back) or is the diffrence to FSX to small that it would make any sense ? 

thanks alot ! 

Stephane

P3D V3 when 64 bit P3D V4 is available? You shouldn't have refunded that money because this is the best thing when it comes to flight simulation now. But that's my opinion. I would not buy v3, definitely not.

EDIT: I could try and help you solving this issue as I had the same thing happen to me. We could use a communication software "discord" or whatever if you'd like. Just offering you my help. 

On ‎08‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 6:17 PM, Kushalgurung said:

P3D V3 when 64 bit P3D V4 is available? You shouldn't have refunded that money because this is the best thing when it comes to flight simulation now. But that's my opinion. I would not buy v3, definitely not.

EDIT: I could try and help you solving this issue as I had the same thing happen to me. We could use a communication software "discord" or whatever if you'd like. Just offering you my help. 

Your right ! thanks for your help.. unfortunatly i already requested the refund... i will try to stop the refunding process and then ill get back to you.. you gave me Motivation to see this trough altough i really tried almost everything.

greetings from switzerland

Stephane