Sign in to follow this  
eke_flx

PMDG 777 in P3d4 replay mode

Hi,

In the P3D4 simulator the aft flaps and gears of PMDG777 do not change when I look at the replay mode. The moving details change on all the other aircrafts in the replay but with PMDG 777 nothing changes. Why? Do I need to configure something in the aircraft setup? If so where is the setup located?

regards

eke

9 minutes ago, eke_flx said:

Hi,

In the P3D4 simulator the aft flaps and gears of PMDG777 do not change when I look at the replay mode. The moving details change on all the other aircrafts in the replay but with PMDG 777 nothing changes. Why? Do I need to configure something in the aircraft setup? If so where is the setup located?

regards

eke

Anonymous (full names are required in the forums),

This is a limitation of P3D and FSX and always has been.

2 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

This is a limitation of P3D and FSX and always has been.

Hmm, I'm just flew my iFly 737 appoaching EDDM. The replay shows me all moving Flaps, Gears, Reversers und Speedbrakes.

In my opinion is this a limitation of PMDG :happy:

regards

Charly

P.S. I used also P3D v4

11 minutes ago, Charly04 said:

Hmm, I'm just flew my iFly 737 appoaching EDDM. The replay shows me all moving Flaps, Gears, Reversers und Speedbrakes.

regards

Charly

P.S. I used also P3D v4

Well, you can either remain ignorant of the real reason given by PMDG or look a bit further into the matter. For the OP, a programme like FS Recorder should help with your problem.

7 minutes ago, MorsAbAlto said:

Well, you can either remain ignorant of the real reason given by PMDG or look a bit further into the matter. For the OP, a programme like FS Recorder should help with your problem.

First the user "PMDG777" is NOT any member of Precisionmanuals. He is a pilot like us.

Second I have no problem with my T7 or any other of my planes. I only disagree with his statement. Thats all

Just now, Charly04 said:

First the user "PMDG777" is NOT any member of Precisionmanuals. He is a pilot like us.

Second I have no problem with my T7 or any other of my planes. I only disagree with his statement. Thats all

Thank you for stating the obvious. But Chris is a senior member of the forum and is aware of the fact, that the "problem" of missing animations in replay mode falls under "known issues".

Sorry if I come across as rude. It is just that one person knows what he is talking about and one is not. Thus I recommend you educate yourself on the matter before placing blame on PMDG without reason.

1 minute ago, MorsAbAlto said:

Thus I recommend you educate yourself on the matter before placing blame on PMDG without reason.

What do you want from me? I never blame PMDG! And there is a reason! The animation do ot work with the T7, but work with iFly 737! so the issue is by PMDG and NOT by FSX or P3D. 

When you spoke this way, PMDG777 blame on Microsoft or Lockheed Martin!

Just now, Charly04 said:

What do you want from me? I never blame PMDG! And there is a reason! The animation do ot work with the T7, but work with iFly 737! so the issue is by PMDG and NOT by FSX or P3D. 

When you spoke this way, PMDG777 blame on Microsoft or Lockheed Martin!

You said it was a limitation by PMDG, which is not the case. You could get away by calling it a design decision.

It is simply that PMDG does not use the default animation system for their aircraft for obvious reasons. The control surfaces on the PMDG 777 react to hydraulic pressure, control input and other factors that are impossible or at least hard to get right using the internal FSX animations. The sim simply can not read what happens in external code, thus you get no flap movement etc.. 

Thus, it is a consequence of being accurate, rather than a limitation on PMDGs side.

From you I want nothing. Just stating your assumption is wrong.

1 minute ago, MorsAbAlto said:

You said it was a limitation by PMDG, which is not the case. You could get away by calling it a design decision.

It is simply that PMDG does not use the default animation system for their aircraft for obvious reasons. The control surfaces on the PMDG 777 react to hydraulic pressure, control input and other factors that are impossible or at least hard to get right using the internal FSX animations. The sim simply can not read what happens in external code, thus you get no flap movement etc.. 

Thus, it is a consequence of being accurate, rather than a limitation on PMDGs side.

From you I want nothing. Just stating your assumption is wrong.

Ahh, look, it works. This is an answer that the TS want. So erverybody is satisfied. Me too :ha:

Thank you very much.

And in heaven's name: my assumption was wrong, sorry

4 minutes ago, Charly04 said:

Ahh, look, it works. This is an answer that the TS want. So erverybody is satisfied. Me too :ha:

Thank you very much.

And in heaven's name: my assumption was wrong, sorry

Alexander is correct, the limitation lies with the built in replay function in FSX and P3D being unable to display the animations of PMDG products. You could have less realistic control surfaces, but the 2% of people who use the built in replay will get animations, or you can have realistic animations (which the other 98% want).

Could PMDG  log (say every 1 second) the flap state (5/10/15/20/25/30), gear state (up/down),  engine reverse %, wing flex etc

Surely the Simconnect API alerts an addon aircraft that it has entered replay mode (including how far it has rewound)... then PMDG could apply the saved state every second from the log (ie flap state, gear state,  engine reverse, wing flex etc)  and hey presto PMDG aircraft would actually look correct in replay mode.

Well that's my theory anyway....

edit: or maybe a utility like FSRecorder can do it by interacting with the PMDG 777 API... however the API might not supply or allow setting of those states anyway.

Matthew S

17 minutes ago, MatthewS said:

Could PMDG  log (say every 1 second) the flap state (5/10/15/20/25/30), gear state (up/down),  engine reverse %, wing flex etc

Surely the Simconnect API alerts an addon aircraft that it has entered replay mode (including how far it has rewound)... then PMDG could apply the saved state every second from the log (ie flap state, gear state,  engine reverse, wing flex etc)  and hey presto PMDG aircraft would actually look correct in replay mode.

Well that's my theory anyway....

edit: or maybe a utility like FSRecorder can do it by interacting with the PMDG 777 API... however the API might not supply or allow setting of those states anyway.

Would take up too much resources and cause performance issues. People get stutters when FSUIPC autosaves, this would do the same.

2 hours ago, Charly04 said:

regards

Charly

P.S. I used also P3D v4

Look carefully and you might find the iFly 737 NG is not always displaying everything correctly on a P3D V4 replay. For example, when I replay a landing with it, the outboard spoiler on the port wing stays up from having been originally animated as deploying when I landed with the spoilers armed. That's with the 700ER and 800 variants, not tested it with the 900 nor the 'wobblin goblin' or 737-600 as Boeing calls it lol),

It's always been the case that some things don't display correctly in replays in the sim, although to be fair to LM, I've found it is a bit better than the original FSX at displaying stuff correctly in a replay.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

OK guys, does FS recorder work with P3D V4?

if yes, can some one please provide a link to installation instructions?

Sorry to the OP, not intending to high jack his thread, however we might both benefit from this.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

4 hours ago, Charly04 said:

I guess we should revert to just using basic, default sim functions so that we don't unnecessarily limit sim replays, at the expense of all of the functionality that we added in to side-step all of the limitations of the sim.

Kyle Rodgers