Sign in to follow this  
eke_flx

PMDG 777 in P3d4 replay mode

40 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

I guess we should revert to just using basic, default sim functions so that we don't unnecessarily limit sim replays, at the expense of all of the functionality that we added in to side-step all of the limitations of the sim.

Don't even go there.

The honorable forum member is new.  He'll learn.

but the 2% of people who use the built in replay will get animations, or you can have realistic animations (which the other 98% want).

Ha-ha,very funny!

How do i see this great landing / take-off  PMDG animations (and all other 98%) when  I'm driving an airplane in cockpit view and at that time I'm very busy?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, PMDG777 said:

Would take up too much resources and cause performance issues. People get stutters when FSUIPC autosaves, this would do the same.

I doubt it...   talking about logging some basic state information every second (probably no more than 5 bytes per second) to RAM (not disk).

edit: I mean PMDG logging the state info itself for the purposes of restoring during replay. You're probably right though if it was FSRecorder trying to log the info, as it would have to go through the 777 API which would probably have performance impact.

Matthew S

10 hours ago, scandinavian13 said:

I guess we should revert to just using basic, default sim functions so that we don't unnecessarily limit sim replays, at the expense of all of the functionality that we added in to side-step all of the limitations of the sim.

Some people are never happy... 

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello everyone I just bought PMDG B-777 about 1 hour ago and I found out if you (Right Click on MS flight Sim Icon) Choose (Run As Administrator)  that will allow you to go back and check out the Replay of your flight.  The sound is a bit off and the motion is doable.  Hope this helps.  

On 7/7/2017 at 6:02 AM, MorsAbAlto said:

Thank you for stating the obvious. But Chris is a senior member of the forum and is aware of the fact, that the "problem" of missing animations in replay mode falls under "known issues".

Sorry if I come across as rude. It is just that one person knows what he is talking about and one is not. Thus I recommend you educate yourself on the matter before placing blame on PMDG without reason.

Well you know, you throw around words like word not allowed to describe someone who has a difference of opinion than you, no one will care what you say. I don't agree with your opinion. It doesn't make me word not allowed. It simply makes my opinion different. I too read PMDGs long winded explanation of why the animations don't work during play back in a $200 + add-on which is four times the cost of the entire sim.

Can you prove that it is a limitation of the sim? Can you site a source other than PMDGs long explanation which to me sounded like a typical ...

On 7/7/2017 at 6:28 AM, PMDG777 said:

Alexander is correct, the limitation lies with the built in replay function in FSX and P3D being unable to display the animations of PMDG products. You could have less realistic control surfaces, but the 2% of people who use the built in replay will get animations, or you can have realistic animations (which the other 98% want).

So let me understand correctly. Every other add-on is able to show animations during playback except PMDG so that makes it a limitation of the sim since PMDG is the only one it can play back correctly? Are you saying that because PMDG said it? Can you site a source other than PMDGs over explanation? Can you actually prove it? Are you a programmer?