Sign in to follow this  
curVV

Noob, downloading PMDG

Hi,

I've just purchased the PMDG 777 base package. Very excited to install.

But I have a problem. I've never been able to download anything from amazonaws.com (where PMDG downloads are hosted) for some unknown reason. My ISP has been trying to solve this issue since more than a year ago. The download chokes/times out after 30sec or so.

Does anyone know if there is a mirror for downloading the PMDG packages?

Thanks a bunch!

Sorry for the late reply, you may have figured it out by now. First off, no there isn't a mirror site for obvious security reasons. Is it an ISP issue or one on your local machine? Are you able to download anything from other sites or use from AmazonAws? Is your antivirus set to whitelist amazonaws? 

P.S: Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you here! Just so you're aware, PMDG requires first and last names for their forums. 

If you know how, try setting the MTU on your machine to 1400, and try again.

On ‎7‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 5:42 PM, curVV said:

Hi,

I've just purchased the PMDG 777 base package. Very excited to install.

But I have a problem. I've never been able to download anything from amazonaws.com (where PMDG downloads are hosted) for some unknown reason. My ISP has been trying to solve this issue since more than a year ago. The download chokes/times out after 30sec or so.

Does anyone know if there is a mirror for downloading the PMDG packages?

Thanks a bunch!

You could try a download manager that supports pausing and continuing downloads (I use free download manager)

Hi thanks for the replies.

I did manage to download it.

I only use Windows for FSX and I've been having this issue using other operating systems downloading from github or other repositories when the files are hosted on amazonaws.com.

On linux I'm doing some workaround with wget/curl commands to keep resuming with every time out.

It's an intermittent problem that I haven't been able to figure out. And it only happens with amazonaws. I've been wondering if it might be some scheduled geo-restriction.

But anyway, managed to download the last two updates just fine.

Cheers!