Sign in to follow this  

41 minutes ago, downscc said:

I would just as soon you remove the product and not be bothered by it, and just "let it go."

I agree! I think the PMDG 737NGX  is a great product with a fantastic immersion factor. If folks do not like it; un-install it but please stop complaining over something about which you have no control and zero chance of effecting a change.

Greg

• Upvote 2

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

1 hour ago, downscc said:

I would just as soon you remove the product and not be bothered by it, and just "let it go."

Im just giving my,opinion.  I love pmdg and I love the ngx, but its my number one issue with the product.  Doesnt mean I cant enjoy it.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

6 hours ago, blaird22 said:

Why do people care so much about "geometry"?  Are they real life 737 pilots that are that offended that a couple things aren't replicated perfectly?  Alan's response makes perfect sense from a logical and technical standpoint.  PMDG has a well-deserved reputation for making quality and accurate models, why even question them in the first place? I just don't get what the big deal is

Irony much

• Upvote 1

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot_zps560238d1.jpg

2 hours ago, gregmorin said:

I agree! I think the PMDG 737NGX  is a great product with a fantastic immersion factor. If folks do not like it; un-install it but please stop complaining over something about which you have no control and zero chance of effecting a change.

Greg

Its exactly the opposite, I love the ngx, and the b737 so much that I want to see the addon improved.  If people didnt ask for more detail we wouldnt still be stuck flying the wilco 737.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I think we should accept both opinions and at the same time accept PMDG's choice. I also would prefer a correct geometry without a HUGS display, which I never use. PMDG chose to change the geometry for a working HUGS. Some would applause PMDG's decision, some will be against. PMDG is not the holy bible, and everyone can like something they did or not. Unfortunately for the people being against, nothing can change. That's life, we can't have everything sometimes. I accept it. My hope is that in the new NGX version, whenever this comes, they may have found a way to do it. 

• Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

3 hours ago, Daedalus said:

I think we should accept both opinions and at the same time accept PMDG's choice. I also would prefer a correct geometry without a HUGS display, which I never use. PMDG chose to change the geometry for a working HUGS. Some would applause PMDG's decision, some will be against. PMDG is not the holy bible, and everyone can like something they did or not. Unfortunately for the people being against, nothing can change. That's life, we can't have everything sometimes. I accept it. My hope is that in the new NGX version, whenever this comes, they may have found a way to do it. 

+1... Life is full of little disappointments... :cool:

11 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

To ruin the flightdeck of a pmdg airliner for an option that not all airliners use is silly imo.  

Isn't that a bit extreme to state that is ruined the flightdeck? 

I just looked at some pictues, and quite honestly I can see a difference... but it's not a huge difference, IMO... but then again, it's all in the eye of the beholder, I guess...

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 minute ago, Anders Bermann said:

+1... Life is full of little disappointments... :cool:

Isn't that a bit extreme to state that is ruined the flightdeck? 

I just looked at some pictues, and quite honestly I can see a difference... but it's not a huge difference, IMO... but then again, it's all in the eye of the beholder, I guess...

Perhaps a bit extreme yes, I take back to word ruined, its still a great addon either way.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Pilot53 said:

Perhaps a bit extreme yes, I take back to word ruined, its still a great addon either way.

Fair enough...

I can see some difference... but it's really hard to see clearly, since the photographic evidence is hard to judge and compare - and in general it shouldn't. The angles, lighting, zoom, position etc isn't the same, so it's really hard to tell exactly how much bigger/smaller the windows and geometry is...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

5 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Fair enough...

I can see some difference... but it's really hard to see clearly, since the photographic evidence is hard to judge and compare - and in general it shouldn't. The angles, lighting, zoom, position etc isn't the same, so it's really hard to tell exactly how much bigger/smaller the windows and geometry is...

I guess my curse is that I fly in VR only now, and use the 737's in xplane which do have the correct cockpit size.  While it is not a huge difference numerically, it seems quite significant visually when I come back to the ngx.  But I agree, just looking at pictures it is pretty hard to tell.

11 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Fair enough...

It is noticable when you compare side by side shots, but I personally don't mind the difference since it was for an understandable reason. For comparison, here's three pics...

Here's the real thing:

nE3a1Eq.png

Here's the PMDG:

qV58F4n.png

And here's the iFly NG, replicating the 'real' geometry in a VC, and presumably what the PMDG one would look like with similar dimensions:

3t4VV4g.png

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

The iFly doesn't look exactly right to me either, it appears to be too narrow, even accounting for perspective.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

Guys actually all photos are diferents you have to consider the angle, the lenses, aperture and the focus used in the real photo,,, in the sim we have  a 2d flat NO parameters applie screenshoot. 

Well this is the real situation 
i take a screenshoot close than the real one its not perfect for many things like the point of the foto between a 2d monitor but works
in the realife gc232 used the canon G7x with a 8mm lens with aperture f2.8

ok here is the deal i correct the simphoto in photoshop with the same  canon gx7 with 8mm and f2.8 here  the results  

19867145_10159026786100437_1205138624_o.

now

19885571_10159026786075437_1938692724_o.

How can you be sure, that you're the same distance, height and zoom level when the photo was taken?!

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Look the noobs and flaps indicator its dificult and lower PFD  i try to did my best :P