Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

OrbX Freeware Airports V4 Ready

Opened up FTX Central and noticed a bunch of airports had popped up in each category. Looks like it's all their freeware stuff. 

7JF5tMt.jpg

• Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

21 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Opened up FTX Central and noticed a bunch of airports had popped up in each category. Looks like it's all their freeware stuff. 

Hi Michael - What's the trick to get them to show up in FTX Central 3?  I have no restraints set in "Settings".

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

1 minute ago, dmiannay said:

Hi Michael - What's the trick to get them to show up in FTX Central 3?  I have no restraints set in "Settings".

Someone over on the OrbX forum said he had to log out and back in before they showed up, might try giving that a shot. They should show up automatically without you having to do anything.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Thanks, Michael.  Tried that, no joy.  Maybe this a rolling release and it hasn't arrived here yet. Looking forward to getting some of them installed.

Doug Miannay

PC: i9-13900K (OC 6.1) | ASUS Maximus Z790 Hero | ASUS Strix RTX4080 (OC) | ASUS ROG Strix LC II 360 AIO | 32GB G.Skill DDR5 TridentZ RGB 6400Hz | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB M.2 (OS/Apps) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Sim) | Samsung 990 Pro 2TB M.2 (Games) | Fractal Design Define R7 Blackout Case | Win11 Pro x64

Logged out, logged in.  No airports either and I have Norway installed?

Thanks, installed and looks great.

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks for the tip !!  

MSFS2020

MICHAEL J     proud supporter

KJAX   FLORIDA

Installed, no problems so far.

jac

Jac 

PC Specs: 

/MoBo: Asus Rampage V Extreme/CPU: Intel ®  Core i7 5930k @ 3.5 Ghz OC 4.2 Ghz/CPU Cooling: Hydro series H100i / RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz/ SSD: 4x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512 GB/SSD: 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB M.2 /PSU: Corsair RM  850

/GPU: NVidia Geforce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11 GB (Asus ROG STRIX Gaming) /Monitor:  Asus ROG 348Q Res, 3440x1440 / OC 100 Hz /OS: Windows 10 Professional 64 bit - Version Build 19041 

FlightSim: P3Dv5 HF2 & MSFS 2020 Hardware: Yoko Yoke+ ; Yoke TQ6+ 

Well I got an issue with EDVR Rinteln as the airport seems to be twice in the same place. Maybe something with the missing objectflow.dll?

Prepar3D%202017-07-07%2014-26-14-58.jpg

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

"We will be gauging the feedback to this move as we explore if to do the same for the payware airports."

I get the feeling that Orbx is taking a lot longer to sort out ObjectFlow than they expected. Has been very quiet over there. I'd be totally happy to have my airports in V4 without ObjectFlow. It would save me a ton of disk space having to concurrently run v3/v4 , especially as the NGX v4 release looks like happening v.soon.

• Upvote 2

Ah, didn't consider this. For the people who can't see them, have you added them to your library, i.e "bought" them via their website? Despite being freeware, you still need to add them to your account before they show up in FTX Central.

2 hours ago, Parping Couplet said:

I get the feeling that Orbx is taking a lot longer to sort out ObjectFlow than they expected. Has been very quiet over there. I'd be totally happy to have my airports in V4 without ObjectFlow. It would save me a ton of disk space having to concurrently run v3/v4 , especially as the NGX v4 release looks like happening v.soon.

The same for me,ORBX stuff is the only reason V3 is still installed on my system. The day Vector and Object flow are released, goodbye V3. 

For those who are looking for ORBX freeware airports, remember you still have to "buy the " via FTX Central, but there is no charge for this -Braun

Just to verify but are you also missing all the buildings at Saanen on the actual airport in P3dv4?

The only thing I see is the buildings on the left (mining buildings of something) the correct runway and a couple of cars on the airfield. But no hangers, controltower staticplanes etc.

the other airports that come along with Saanen do have some buildings and static airplanes, even walking people.

Rugen installs perfect and does show the buildings so i'm not sure Saanen installed correctly. I tried a reinstall no solution.

please advice.

mike