Sign in to follow this  
Sethos

OrbX Freeware Airports V4 Ready

1 hour ago, mdevrindt said:

Just to verify but are you also missing all the buildings at Saanen on the actual airport in P3dv4?

The only thing I see is the buildings on the left (mining buildings of something) the correct runway and a couple of cars on the airfield. But no hangers, controltower staticplanes etc.

the other airports that come along with Saanen do have some buildings and static airplanes, even walking people.

Rugen installs perfect and does show the buildings so i'm not sure Saanen installed correctly. I tried a reinstall no solution.

please advice.

mike

Read the top of this forum... some airports will not show correctly until Object Flow 64 is released.

Bert

Score! I was just checking earlier to see if the freeware had been updated yet. Off to download.

Thanks, Bert!

9 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Read the top of this forum... some airports will not show correctly until Object Flow 64 is released.

This is what I do when I start with all forums Bert. 

I was just not sure, because all the buildings on Saanen AirPort are missing this was a O.B. Issue. At other Airports i do have some buildings so this started me guessing. Thats why I did a double check on this forum.

But having in mind your answer and the fact (I guess) you have visually checked it yourself on your own sim.... Thank you for your help Bert. 

I have the identical situation in the Nanaimo Waterfront Scenery, and the author, Larry Robinson confirmed it.

Bert

On 7/7/2017 at 4:58 PM, Parping Couplet said:

"We will be gauging the feedback to this move as we explore if to do the same for the payware airports."

I get the feeling that Orbx is taking a lot longer to sort out ObjectFlow than they expected. Has been very quiet over there. I'd be totally happy to have my airports in V4 without ObjectFlow. It would save me a ton of disk space having to concurrently run v3/v4 , especially as the NGX v4 release looks like happening v.soon.

Yep, first you got the impression that the updates would be made available almost concurrently with P3D v4. Then not a peep, and now this "emergency" release of freeware airports.

From what I've gathered, they've outsourced the development of the ObjectFlow dll's to a contractor who are updating them, but at the same time, they are developing their own versions in-house to prevent issues like this in the future. So it seems the contractor is having some trouble fulfilling their end of the deal. It's kind of hard to follow though, because any thread dealing with v4 updates gets shut down almost immediately.

Personally I'm staying on v3 until the update situation gets sorted. The OrbX airports are such an integral part of my flight simming that I just can't use the sim without them.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

16 hours ago, JimmiG said:

The OrbX airports are such an integral part of my flight simming that I just can't use the sim without them.

I would agree but running two sims is consuming so much space that I'm going to forego VFR flying for a while and, as soon as the NGX is patched for P3DV4, I'll be uninstalling V3 and concentrating on tube flying until Orbx finally gets sorted out.

I had a big spending spree in the Orbx sale in May, thinking that I'd be good to go very soon after the V4 launch. I'd been holding back on buying a lot of Orbx stuff due to its tendency to be a resource hog, so I thought that the advent of 64 bit would be a great time to invest. I'm still very glad I did, but this is taking longer than I think anyone expected.

That being said, you'd have expected a developer as big as Orbx to be among the very first to go 64 bit, and yet they are looking like taking some considerable time yet to sort things out, ergo the recent freeware availability.

The release schedule at Orbx has rather dried up lately, indicating perhaps that it's all hand to the pumps to move over to V4.