Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Moderators

Loved the place until lately. Now I never know when or why one of my threads will be closed. I have had several closed and then PM's asking me why they closed it. 

Do the moderators here have any rules or guides to go by or are they more wild wild west. When I ran the largest RC forum on the net I called them unmoderated moderators so when I came on board the first thing I did was fire half the moderator staff and make up a set of rules for mods to go by. 

When a moderator says to me "I closed your thread because I did not think it was going to go anywhere" I knew they were just making things up as they go along.  

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

5 hours ago, warbirds said:

Do the moderators here have any rules or guides to go by or are they more wild wild west. When I ran the largest RC forum on the net I called them unmoderated moderators so when I came on board the first thing I did was fire half the moderator staff and make up a set of rules for mods to go by.

We all must adhere to AVSIM's Terms of Service or TOS and discussion among other things such as EULA's are not allowed in some cases.  Those are the same TOS that mods should adhere to and I agree they shouldn't be closing down discussions until warranted.  Just have to ask, you stated that you fired the mods and made up your own rules?  That sounds a little autocratic to me.

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

15 minutes ago, HUSSAR said:

We all must adhere to AVSIM's Terms of Service or TOS and discussion among other things such as EULA's are not allowed in some cases.  Those are the same TOS that mods should adhere to and I agree they shouldn't be closing down discussions until warranted.  Just have to ask, you stated that you fired the mods and made up your own rules?  That sounds a little autocratic to me.

Agree.  Couldn't have said it any better Robert!  Thanks!

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Nothing has changed....  there are certain moderators who close threads simply because their opinion differs from the post (while adhering to TOS to a tee and no EULA's in site), or even more whimsical and unreal, locks threads for no other reason than to assert their authority.  Can't fight that if that is what the ownership wants.  The only alternative IS to find an alternative.  There is nothing here so special that you can't find the information elsewhere.

I was so happy to find this place initially and thought I had found a home to learn, share and grow with.  My initial donation will be my last and I have found other means of finding information and expressing my views of the flight-sim life I so enjoy.

Really sad to think such a great wealth of knowledge here is reduced to rubble because of the way some moderators wish to display their authority over others.  I've watched this behavior since I joined.  I wish all of you blue skies and great flying.

• Upvote 1

On 7/7/2017 at 7:27 PM, HUSSAR said:

you stated that you fired the mods and made up your own rules?  That sounds a little autocratic to me.

Not quite what he stated was it.... Quote "first thing I did was fire half the moderator staff and make up a set of rules for mods to go by." 

My take is he got rid of the bad Mods and created a set of rules for the rest to abide by. Isn't that the same as on here?

If a mod decides arbitrarily to close a thread down then it just causes frustration to other members who may be engaged in a meaningful discussion. If the TOS are broken then that's fair enough we should all know the rules and abide by them. But If threads need to be locked (and they sometimes do) then a simple note explaining what TOS was broken and why the thread was locked may help alleviate the frustration and may make mods think twice if they have to explain why they locked the thread in the first place.

• Upvote 1

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

Nice speech, hindsight is a wonderful thing,,,you can sit back from afar and take a few pot shots without really knowing the whole story.

Sure it was "autocratic" as you say. I was thrown into a situation and did what I did to correct it and did it fast to plug the leaking hole. 

I was in management most of my life and hired and fired people all the time. I was good at it and my store was always in the top ten,,,so when asked to clean up the site I did my job,,,just like I did everyday at work.

Let me ask you this: you are driving down the street and see a house on fire - do you stop and ask the neighbors to form a committee to decide who is going in to save the family trapped inside or do you take action and do it yourself and do it fast?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

4 hours ago, RavenC said:

Nothing has changed....  there are certain moderators who close threads simply because their opinion differs from the post (while adhering to TOS to a tee and no EULA's in site), or even more whimsical and unreal, locks threads for no other reason than to assert their authority.  Can't fight that if that is what the ownership wants.  The only alternative IS to find an alternative.  There is nothing here so special that you can't find the information elsewhere.

I was so happy to find this place initially and thought I had found a home to learn, share and grow with.  My initial donation will be my last and I have found other means of finding information and expressing my views of the flight-sim life I so enjoy.

Really sad to think such a great wealth of knowledge here is reduced to rubble because of the way some moderators wish to display their authority over others.  I've watched this behavior since I joined.  I wish all of you blue skies and great flying.

Image result for bye gif

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough