Sign in to follow this  
Zooferret

Camera movement in PMDG 777

I noticed that during my flight the camera would move (and reset to a different position) when entering a roll or turning onto a taxiway.

I first noticed this problem when pushing back with GSX in the PMDG 777 after one of the updates over the weekend before the 3rd July. This problem had never occurred before. I was tuning some frequencies into the radio panel through my Pedestal camera position (located just above the pedestal... duh). I looked away for a few seconds and when I came back to tune the frequency. The panel had disappeared. I then completed the pushback and returned to the captain's view however it felt a little off from what I had set. I reset the camera and unpaused my Track IR and taxied to the runway. As I lined up on the runway I noticed that the view had changed again. Once again I reset and departed. This problem continued for the rest of the flight, moving at every turn/roll.

I decided to fly the 777 again the next morning and this time I played close attention to the camera. I instructed GSX to push me back to the right and switched to the pedestal camera. The camera was rather rapidly moving in a backwards left pattern as the aircraft turned onto the taxi line. Rather annoyed I moved all the sliders down in Chaseplane and shut down FSX and restated. The problem still persisted. I continued the flight. This time I reset the camera so that the bottom of my screen was right on the artificial horizon on the PFD. I departed and when into my first (left) roll. The camera had moved down and to the left and was sitting further forward.

The next morning I decided to fly the PMDG 737 and in this aircraft, the problem didn't exist. The camera stayed in the one spot for the whole flight without me having to reset it once. And all the sliders were at their predefined spots.

I couldn't find any other threads about this issue as is it so localised to one aircraft. Apologies if this has already been reported.

Yeah, same situation here. And I also found out that its not just the PMDG 777 but also the QualityWings British Aerospace Avero RJ/BAe146 aircraft which have the same issue. Since we're in Beta for Chaseplane, hopefully they are able to sort this issue out in the upcoming update. Keven also mention on multiple ON APPROACH podcast episodes that the beta phase of Chaseplane is to focus on fixing the minor kinks and glitches within Chaseplane so that it will be ready for final release. Either way, I'm a true Chaseplane fan and will never return to the previous camera addon I had been using before Chaseplane released. Its just a bit annoying having to fly the 777 or the Avro RJ with this issue. But I believe in Keven and the reset of the FSFX packages team. :)

Can one of you (or both) provide short videos of the issue (Unlisted on YouTube please)

We'll have a look at that!

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

4 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Can one of you (or both) provide short videos of the issue (Unlisted on YouTube please)

I will try and get a video done for you ASAP! I will also take a bunch of still images and annotate them and put them in an album on imgur or something of the sort for you to look at

19 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Yeah, sure thing Keven. I'll try to record a short video showing the issue and will get that to you as soon as possible. 

On 7/11/2017 at 7:27 AM, Keven Menard said:

Here you go Keven. This is the link to the video I took: 

Hopefully this is helpful. 

32 minutes ago, CaptReiViation said:

Here you go Keven. This is the link to the video I took: 

Hopefully this is helpful. 

You can clearly see the shift as you pushback if you look at the lighting switches on the bottom left of the screen. This is exactly my problem. Well done on getting a video out. This should really help.

Right, this is an issue in the FSX engine (has been fixed on the P3D side). Even if ChasePlane is not running, you will observe this phenomenon.

Sadly, there is not fix for this issue at this time.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

7 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Right, this is an issue in the FSX engine (has been fixed on the P3D side). Even if ChasePlane is not running, you will observe this phenomenon.

Sadly, there is not fix for this issue at this time.

I do hope to move to P3D in the coming months after news of other developers labelling FSX as 'dead' and discontinuing support. Thank you very much for your help.