So as most of us suspected, and as almost all reviewers are finding out, the Kaby Lake X is an absolute senseless processor.  Higher power draw, lower benches, and lower in-game performance.  One review video for your pleasure (there are plenty more!) :

But please, if anyone can find data on flight simulator (xp11, P3dv4) testing, let us know!!  But for now, i know what platform I'm NOT buying!

Okay. That much is clear! Coffee Lake here we go!

Krappy Lake X hahah....

More like Swamp Lake X.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

And I really thought that this would be the one to clock at 5.5 Ghz and beyond.  Not wasting time on the x299 platform unless the 10+ core chips are a revelation.  A badly rushed platform on a panic release schedule IMO.

@OneWhoKnocks53
I don't know about Kaby Lake X but Skylake X is the most amazing processor for single or multi thread right now so you're definitely missing something from the X299 platform :-). Also who would buy a X299 platform for a Kaby Lake X? Doesn't make sense since you pay the full functionality for the mainboards but then you get very restricted limits from the processors. X299 only makes sense for Skylake X. And by the way the current X299 mainboards are being rushed out because of Intel yes, but the mainboard manufacturers already know it's problems and they will release new mainboards in a month or two. The processors are fine. I will get one, delid it with custom water cooling. And there goes 8x 5GHz or more which will kill any kaby lake or whatsoever. Quad cores are dying :-)

@Piotr007
Coffee Lake will be low-end; medium range compared to Skylake X.

Also we will see what the threadripper is all about which might be the only competitor for Skylake X. But time will tell, till then, drink your tea... :laugh:

Orcun Günaytekin

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg