Sign in to follow this  
Afterburner

Purchased Airport Scenery on PC Aviator - Download Link Broken

Hi,

As part of the July 4th sales on PC Aviator USA, I have purchased Tallinn X airport by Drzewiecki Design. However, the download link that I have been sent after payment (and that is accessible in my order history) is apparently broken - when I click on it, I am directed to a page with the product description that has the button "Download Link". When I click on that button, I get the message:

You supplied valid download key, but system failed to find distribution package , please contact the shop administration

So it is not possible for me to download the software whatsoever (and I have tried several times). I have written an e-mail to PC Aviator about this problem using two different addresses, but I have received no reply so far (I purchased on July 4th). I have also tried to call them via telephone using both their national and international phone number, but to no avail - just no one answers the phone. Did anyone else experience a problem like this with a broken download link?

I have made several purchases of flightsim software via PC Aviator in the past, and the download links always worked. However, I have read about the bad customer support at this company, but there was never a need for me to contact them, as things worked out fine. However, this time it has affected me, and I am disappointed by their lack of response to a serious problem.

What should I do?  Charging my credit card and falling short to make the sold product accessible is called fraud to my knowledge.

So, you sent them an e-mail to orders@pcaviator.com?  Sounds like they have a broken link.  In my experiences, it takes a day or two to get a response from them informing you the problem has been fixed.  But, IMHO, there should be no broken links.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I sent them an e-mail to  orders@pcaviator.com  on July 4th, and then an e-mail to  info@pcaviator.com  yesterday. As I said, no response so far from either e-mail.

(FYI: I have attached a screenshot of the problem)

2zpmag5.jpg

Edited by Afterburner

Sad you could not get faster service with your inquiry.  I personally have received same day or next day replies.  Looks like you sent your e-mail to the right place.  I interpret shop administration as orders@pcaviator.com. 

How did you get to that download link?  Did you goto PC Aviator, logon to your account, open the order up and then click on the download link?  Or, did you click on the download link you received in the mail?  I was just on their site and it shows they have over 1100 people shopping on their site right now.  If that was a store in your town, that would fill it up for sure!

Good luck with getting this issue resolved!

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

22 hours ago, Afterburner said:

What should I do?  Charging my credit card and falling short to make the sold product accessible is called fraud to my knowledge.

Just wondering if the download link has now been repaired.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

No, unfortunately the link has not been repaired. I appreciate that you asked, though.

There is another way to tell that the link is not working. Under normal circumstances, if a link works, the page on PC-Aviator displays information about the file size next to the "Download Link"-button, such as here:

11ufgwz.jpg

With my purchased Tallinn-X, there is no information about the file size, as you can see on the picture in my previous post.

I will give the company a few more days and hope that the issue will be resolved quickly.

On 7/7/2017 at 0:17 PM, Afterburner said:

I have written an e-mail to PC Aviator about this problem using two different addresses, but I have received no reply so far (I purchased on July 4th). I have also tried to call them via telephone using both their national and international phone number, but to no avail - just no one answers the phone. Did anyone else experience a problem like this with a broken download link?

I've had problems with their download speeds 20kb/s for a long time now, to the point that the download would time out. It's impossible for me to download stuff from them any more. And I can get 1mb/s+ at other vendors.

Tried reaching through email SEVERAL times, at several different xx@pcaviators and nothing. I even called through different numbers (I live abroad), and nothing. I have still several files still to get downloaded and I lost all hope now. Not coming back.

Santiago de Larminat

UPDATE:  The link is now working. I have downloaded the file, and it works just fine.

Even though I still haven't received an e-mail from PC Aviator, at least I got what I paid for.

Case closed.