Sign in to follow this  
blaird22

If money were no object, what add-ons would you get?

4 minutes ago, RichieFly said:

I feel for you.

I had a student about your size that insisted that he learn to fly a Mooney. After he shoehorned himself in, we didn't even start the engine. His head was literally resting on his shoulder and his knees were entangled with the yoke. Very sad memory.  It's hard to say no, but this time it was obvious the flight wasn't gonna happen.

You're an instructor?  Are there any planes I could fit in you think?  I've kinda given up hope on flying for real.  Which sucks because I wanted to be a pilot since I was a kid

With that being said, you would all look up to me, and that is totally worth it!

2 hours ago, blaird22 said:

These are great suggestions, but I was going for more of a "I don't mind spending $50 to get accurate weather at altitude, a premium ATC/AI setup, etc" type question (hence "add-ons" in the title)

That's not what you asked though... 

In any case, I think you should invest in AS16+ASCA and add PTA and Envtex for the sky. FTX Global, LC and Trees for the ground. It will totally overhaul the environment outside of the aircraft and give you hours of enjoyment as you watch the world go by. 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Probably would get a real simulator.

KLM_simulator_credit_RTV-NH_Doron-Sajet.

With one like this who needs Quality Wings.

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

1 minute ago, CaribbeanCLANK said:

Probably would get a real simulator.

KLM_simulator_credit_RTV-NH_Doron-Sajet.

With one like this who needs Quality Wings.

But does it have wingflex?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tamsini said:

Including Wilco :cool:?

Even better.. including Abacus.  :laugh:

Just now, blaird22 said:

But does it have wingflex?

:blink: Uhhhhhh.....no external views...but it has flashy buttons and stuff. :biggrin:

Anthony A. Moise

fbsupporter2.jpg

56 minutes ago, blaird22 said:

...  Are there any planes I could fit in you think?  I've kinda given up hope on flying for real.  Which sucks because I wanted to be a pilot since I was a kid

The Beechcraft are roomy. That's the only general aviation mass produced single engine aircraft I can think of.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

12 minutes ago, joemiller said:

A yoke? Oh, man. 

I have the yoke, the control loading system for the rudders, pitch and roll that's hydraulically feed. Its like 25K. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Angelo Cosma said:

I have the yoke, the control loading system for the rudders, pitch and roll that's hydraulically feed. Its like 25K. 

Damn, I'm a little jealous. If money really were no object to me, I'd have that for sure

Scenery. All the quality airports.lol

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Heck, These are the addons that I will get

1) 100+ hour Netjets fractional owernship with an transcontinental aircraft

2) Buy a personal airplane so that I can see real scenery and take photos all day and post them here - stating "look at these realistic graphics"

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1. SCENERY : Go to ORBX site and buy all regions you want to fly and choose some airports in that region.  If regions you want to fly are not yet available, buy FTX Global, OLC of your choice and FTX Vector.

2. WEATHER engine :Active Sky 2016 (AS16)

3. WEATHER TEXTURES : REX Texture direct 4 with soft cloud (or wait for REX Sky Force suite) or ASCA

• Upvote 1

If you are too tall for powered flight you may still fit in some gliders. I am 6 foot and about 200lbs. The glider in my avatar is a Jantar Standard II. Great fun to fly but I always had a hell of a job getting into it. I had the rudder pedals about 3/4 of the way back and the seat pan about 4 or 5 inches forward. And I had to stretch to reach the instrument panel. My arm was only very slightly bent at the elbow with the stick fully forward. (not good!)

The other guy who flew that sailplane was a slender 6'4" or there abouts and he fit into it very nicely with plenty of room to spare. I suspect it would accommodate 6'8". It is well know as a good choice for tail pilots.

I think given you height you will have a much better chance of getting in the pilots seat of most glider than you will power. Anyway, gliding is far superior to powered flying. Thought I would throw that in there. Whahahahahaha!

Having said that some developers have a great reputation for quality addons and some have a reputation of dishing out rubbish. Some are in the middle. Sort out the developers you will buy from first and you probably will rarely be dissatisfied.