Sign in to follow this  
blaird22

If money were no object, what add-ons would you get?

Being new to P3Dv4 (a refugee from FSX), I'm looking to make my sim look and feel as realistic as possible.  I've scoured these forums looking for reviews, and have found them quite helpful.  But there's a lot of forums and a lot of opinions.  So I pose this question:

Assume your system is up to spec, and you have money to burn.  Besides aircraft, what add-ons would you get (scenery, weather, ATC, and AI mainly but I won't hate you if you give me other ideas) to optimize the look and feel of your sim?  Looking for results over value. Thanks in advance!!

Every payware scenery (Orbx-quality) available!

Mario Di Lauro

I'd have a  Boeing 747-800 in my garden.might upset the Nieghbours when i start her up in the mornings tho..:-)

you did say money was no object

steve

44 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Every payware scenery (Orbx-quality) available!

Me to Mario..

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

All of them

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Full size FDS B737 sim :cool:

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

51 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

All of them

Including Wilco :cool:?

Mario Di Lauro

addons for flight sim aren't terribly expensive in the grand scheme of things.  I can have anything I want, just can't have everything I want.  If money were actually no object,  I would probably go for a full motion rig cockpit with all of the hardware, and would pay the many hundreds/thousands needed for Garmin nav updates for the GTN.  and if money would REALLY be no object, I would perform a hostile takeover of a couple developers, have them produce the products/sims that I want, and then have them distributed as freeware.

• Upvote 2

These are great suggestions, but I was going for more of a "I don't mind spending $50 to get accurate weather at altitude, a premium ATC/AI setup, etc" type question (hence "add-ons" in the title).  Although if I had a front yard, I'd totally have a 747-8 there, a full motion cockpit inside, etc (if money TRULY was no object at least)

I'd just go back to real flying 

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I'm 6'8".  I can barely fit in a car, let alone a cockpit.  Last I looked, the military had a MAX height of 6'5".  I flew a Piper (don't remember the specific model) back in the day, most legroom of any plane they had at that airport and BARELY was able to last an hour in there.  Unfortunately, that isn't in the cards for someone of my size.  So simming it is!

A full motion 737 simulator! I know it's not an addon.

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

Yeah. I'd buy a nice Beechcraft twin. Maybe a P-Baron or a turbo Duke. Hell, money no object? A hanger or two full of aircraft.

Seriously. All PMDG aircraft, all Orbix and FlyTampa scenery. And...Active Sky with Cloud Art. And..whatever that payware mesh product is. Oh! and all the A2A aircraft. Throw in the FSL A320x and the Q400 for good measure. That's just for P3D. X-Plane is a whole 'nother list.

• Upvote 1

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, blaird22 said:

I'm 6'8".  I can barely fit in a car, let alone a cockpit.  Last I looked, the military had a MAX height of 6'5".  I flew a Piper (don't remember the specific model) back in the day, most legroom of any plane they had at that airport and BARELY was able to last an hour in there.  Unfortunately, that isn't in the cards for someone of my size.  So simming it is!

I feel for you.

I had a student about your size that insisted that he learn to fly a Mooney. After he shoehorned himself in, we didn't even start the engine. His head was literally resting on his shoulder and his knees were entangled with the yoke. Very sad memory.  It's hard to say no, but this time it was obvious the flight wasn't gonna happen.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS