Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Don't buy RealATC special edit for Pro-ATC/X

Please take note that recent buyers of RealATC special edit for Pro-ATC/X are still waiting for receiving the files links for the downloads, after having paid 9.95 US$ trough PayPal to its author Ralph Zimmerman. This is happening since mid-June 2017 I believe. All the e-mails sent to the address indicated by the seller return back with messages about the inbox being full. Additionally the indicated phone number in the US no longer works and apparently there's no other way to communicate with Mr. Zimmerman. Something could have happened to him, but the fact is that buyers are not getting the product after having paid for it.

There are threads opened at the Pro-ATC/X forums to inform about this strange situation, but it seems those are not read by anyone related to Mr. Zimmerman.

So, beware and refrain to buy and to avoid being another one with the disapointment.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I bought this package last year and I did receive my updates, but it took a while because of this:

I am very sorry that I have not been able to fulfill your order. I underwent open  heart surgery Dec 20th that was an aortic valve replacement and 3 bypasses.  So I am a bit under the weather

As soon as i.can i will processe your order I will but it could take 7 weeks or more . Again, I am very sorry. Hope you had a merry Christmas and hppe you have a happy new year.

Very sincerely,

Ralph

I do not use Pro-ATC/X anymore, so I lost track of what happened to Mr. Zimmerman.

Thanks for the useful information. Hopefully he's recovering!.

Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

As I recall Mr. Zimmerman did a lot of free work to early users of Pro-ATC. At least I think he was the same guy. Most likely a stand up guy with a serious situation to deal with.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Yes, he ended up charging a nominal fee because of the amount of work  that it involved.

A nice man Ralph, hope he is ok. If he was on deck, he would be onto it.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I spent about an hour reading the sad saga of Ralph's tragic loss of his left leg, as well as problems with his wrists and arms. He has posted details of his horrific experience with a legal firm he hired to represent his interests, and their abject failure to achive a good outcome for him. He also details this firm's multiple ethics violations and general malfeasance:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/mcdivitt-law-firm/colorado-springs-colorado-80916/mcdivitt-law-firm-very-poor-resolution-on-a-4-12-year-old-workers-comp-claim-colorado-sp-803356

I have not however been able to find anything more recent regarding his health, or indeed if he is even still alive. His Twitter account shows no posting since March 2, 2015...

...but his Facebook's last post was made March 29, 2017:

https://www.facebook.com/ralph.zimmerman.9?lst=585909014%3A1292355589%3A1499533829

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

He emailed me the previous info in December, 2016 and I did get the files some time after that. 

Well have this stuff since 2013 nice guy Ralph hope all is well with him?

André