Sign in to follow this  

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking of buying a curved 34" wide monitor, solely for Flight sim in P3D and was wondering if there would be any issues/drawbacks relating to the 21:9 scaling when using PMDG ,A2A aircraft.

Basically is there any issues with the clarity of gauges (due to the screen curvature) or any visual impairment in the cockpit.  If anyone is already using a curved screen I'd be interested in your thoughts before I commit to buying. 

Thanks for your input.

p.s.  I think My specs should be OK running the monitor:    W10 64bit, I7-7700K, 36MB titanium ram, Aorus 1080ti card, Maximus Formula IX M/B, Be quiet water cooled, AX1200i P/S, NVme 960pro's.

Not at all!. You won't notice anything different, except more immersion and quality.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Second that! If anything itll be sharper, clearer, and more immersive by far! The only distortion you will see is if you fly 2D panels gross lol!

Third that. I'm using Asus pg348q and it's fantastic. Just need to find zoom, that suits you.

CPU Intel Core i9 13900K, GPU :RTX 4090 FE, RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR5 32GB@6000MHz, SSD : Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe M2, Monitor : Asus PG42 UQ

Fourth that...

But as xenonsk said, play about with the zoom for a while to find what works for you.

The ultra widescreen doesn't always work very well on older titles but for FS9 (and maybe earlier but I don't have them) and up it'll look great.

I have an ACER Predator 34" widescreen monitor and it great with FSX especially if you have a Trackir to go  with it. Sweet as apple pie.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

What about two curved monitors side be side, anyone lucky enough to have this setup that could offer feedback.

1 hour ago, YMMB said:

What about two curved monitors side be side, anyone lucky enough to have this setup that could offer feedback.

You'd have a bezel right in the middle. Odd numbers work best.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Yeah..two is no good.. 

I wish Nvidea driver would support different size monitors for their surround view

What I would like is a real wide center monitor and then two not so wide monitors, each to the left and right.. where the horizontal resolution matches on all three monitors

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

2 hours ago, Manny said:

Yeah..two is no good.. 

I wish Nvidea driver would support different size monitors for their surround view

What I would like is a real wide center monitor and then two not so wide monitors, each to the left and right.. where the horizontal resolution matches on all three monitors

Oersonal preference but I tried mukti monitor and it's just too annoying.. would rather have a big one. 

Two 34" monitors make the setup 65.5" wide, that's a lot of desktop real estate. I'll stick to my one 34" monitor and TIR but each to his own.

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

A big thanks guys for taking the time to respond.

I think I'll go ahead and order the monitor I have in mind (ASUS Curved PG348Q).  I was also thinking if Track IR would be effected in anyway, so thanks for clearing that up.

regards

John

With  my Acer 34" monitor and the Track IR is all really good. But don't forget to assign buttons for Track IR  "Hold" and Track IR  "Reset". That all makes it a very useful user interface. Good luck.

John

I just received my 34" Dell Ultra wide cuved monitor a couple of days ago. Haven't done much flying yet, bt so far I love it. No regrets.