Sign in to follow this  
Hansaspeed

FSX Acceleration Activation Error

After installing the Acceleration pack, I get an activation error:  1-80004005. FSX Base installs just fine. What could cause this?

In Windows Vista,and Win 7 click the Start button, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit.exe in the Programs list.
User Access Control permission If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
2. Expand the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to PartMgr, and then click OK. (mine said CLEANBOOT on one line and partmgr on the next, just remove one line leaving PartMgr as the value)
5. Close Registry Editor, and then try to use the activation wizard.

• Upvote 2

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

I had the same problem it was <partmgr>  in the registry instead of< PartMgr>. so check the capitalisation I missed it first time around.

• Upvote 1

John

Rig: Gigabyte B550 AORUS Master Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 3800XT CPU, 32GB DDR4 Ram, Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Graphics,  Samsung Odyssey  wide view display (5120 x 1440 pixels) with VSYNC on.

Thanks for your replies.  I am in windows10 (x64)

've never encountered such a complicated FSX installation in all my simming uears.

berlopez

Edited by Berlopez

Would be interesting to find out why some users have this issue because I've never had problems doing the activation for FSX deluxe or Acceleration.

Ernest Pergrem

It would airernie, I have installed FSX\Gold in various computers with different OS's and I had never had this issue; It's an annoying window that appears as soon as you click you FSX icon in your desktop. Some have found a solution which involves a little surgery with the registry, which I don't want to mess with. That's why I am asking around the Why's and How's

Berlopez

Rhumbaflappy: That might be the case for FSX:SE owners. I didn't know the error ALSO appeared in Steam? I own Gold\Acceleration and as far as I know the error  shows when one wants to activate Acceleration.

Berlopez 

As Rhumbaflappy indicated, FSX-SE does not have any issues like this during the installation.  For $25, it's a good alternative.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Can confirm about FSX:SE - someone on another forum once suggested I check that registry setting when I received a numbered activation error. My error was actually unrelated to the acceleration error, but I did bother to check that UpperFilters registry string and PartMgr is correctly listed in it. My FSX:SE gaming PC is running Windows 7 Ultimate.

Edited by Kronovan

Kronovan: Thanks for your imput. As yellowjack writes in his post my partmgr was written with ordinary lettering and then I change it,as adviced to PartMgr and that did the trick and activated the Activation process.

Jim sure SE does doesn't have the issue during installation, it has been marketed, after all at a time good for a change for MS to introduce a new version of the sim. I am fallower of Acceleration now for many years, where I live the game varies in price quite a lot.I just bought this used Dell Precision Tower 7810 ( Used) With windows10(X64) And during installation I ran into all these problems Besides who was to know that the Activation Issue was to occurr ?

Berlopez 

7 hours ago, Berlopez said:

I am fallower of Acceleration now for many years, where I live the game varies in price quite a lot

FSX-SE includes Acceleration.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim,Thanks for you reply and information, still I am sticking to what I have, Acceleration, Took me log enough to install it in this computer.

👌 Bernardo